what an awful tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

suspectdebbie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am at work with no photoshop type program available to re-size the picture. Someone sent this to me, probably not realizing how bad it is. :X

goldfish_sink.jpg

Taste, decency,beautiful,respect,stunning...... all words you would not use to describe this! Lol :rofl:

Thats so wrong...

Think how much the water would keep being heated up then cooled down...

Some people...

I bet they could somehow make that suitable for fish(Not that many of course) Like of they put some sort of padding under the part where the piping and sink is, so there is no temperature fluctuation. They would also need a heater and some sort of filtration. But putting Goldfish in there is just wrong. :no:

EDIt: That is supposed to be a sink, right?

StingrayKid said:
I bet they could somehow make that suitable for fish(Not that many of course) Like of they put some sort of padding under the part where the piping and sink is, so there is no temperature fluctuation. They would also need a heater and some sort of filtration. But putting Goldfish in there is just wrong. :no:

EDIt: That is supposed to be a sink, right?
yeah it's a sink. So every time the water was turned on I would think the temp of the "tank" would change depending on hot or cold water.

It's a wondeful idea, though. None of us would buy such a sink but someone who didn't care for those poor fishies probably would just love it. After buying it, they'd wonder why they had to pay so much for the sink and why they're having to dish out loads of money to replace dead stock.

I don't think the water temperature would fluctuate that much. PVC or fiberglass or plastic... whatever it's made of, they all have fairly high r-values. Also, water has a pretty high specific heat. That coupled with the fact that the sink probably isn't used that often... I don't think it would be too much of a problem unless you were filling up the sink and letting the water sit there (which I can't remember ever doing). The overstocking is a problem, but all in all I think it's a very novel idea. Another way to spend more time with your fish :)

the trouble is that unless they fitted a heater to it (does it have a filter? i don't know...) it wouldnt really be suitable for anything....also, how does air get in? I regularly fill my sink with hot water, so you could only buy it if you were committed to never doing that again. Also I imagine the constant movement and knocking against the tank would spook them a bit. its an interesting idea for using as much space as possible for tanks ;) but i think it's poorly designed.

would make a striking sink without the fish. just filled with plants it would look great, but I really don't like the idea of having fish in there, and I'm one who doesn't see a big problem with the coffee tank tables!!!

I would give that tank about 24 hours before the water starts going brown from the fish waste :nod: . Like said before, it's a cool idea, but I would keep plants and water only :D

Nice sink but I wouldnt keep fish in it. Lobsters, however, would probably cope. They seem like thay can put up with almost anything. :D

Most reactions

Back