What Am I?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Blobfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this fish is please?  It's very, very small, I presume very young.  I had thought it was an african cichlid but now I think not.  It's been here a couple of weeks and not noticeably grown in that time despite a diet of live food.  The colour is not great in this photo, the stripes are a bright red as are the tail and fins.

smlcichlid.jpg

From the eye size it's definitely a baby. I'd probably say Central American cichlid, but could be a number of the South Americans as well.

Ahhh, now that works for the tail shape.

Dario Dario is a possibility as the place it came from does sell them but is the black spot on the side consistent with that? 

It certainly does look like a dario dario but not sure what the mark is, u sure its not damaged scales

haleem8777 said:
It certainly does look like a dario dario but not sure what the mark is, u sure its not damaged scales

It is definitely pigmentation and seems to be increasing a little as time goes on.

It was probably just picture quality, I can't see how he's acting, it's just when I have fish that point downward like that (long enough to get a picture of) it doesn't end well. Happened to one of my rams recently.  I hope it grows up and is happy!

BelldandyShanny said:
It was probably just picture quality, I can't see how he's acting, it's just when I have fish that point downward like that (long enough to get a picture of) it doesn't end well. Happened to one of my rams recently.  I hope it grows up and is happy!

He was just pecking around at some food on the floor, he seems perfectly healthy :)
I forgot to say that the black spot is only on one side - no sign of a marking on the other which I find unusual.

Most reactions

Back