What About This Idea

Buddy33

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
how come there is no topics of where ppl r from, i am from ACT in Australia n with some things i would really like to know who else lives near me, buy sell fish to them, that sort of thing, every1 i have talked to are from different countrys??

how come there is no topics of where ppl r from, i am from ACT in Australia n with some things i would really like to know who else lives near me, buy sell fish to them, that sort of thing, every1 i have talked to are from different countrys??
all you have to do is look at their profile

At one time there was a map thread posted. You could go in, register and put yourself on the map. You could also list stores in your area. Over time, something happened to the map link that it didn't work. The member that had started it was no longer active so no way to get them to update the link. It was just recently unpinned as it really was of no use any more. Not certain if the site was still up or not that someone else could start a new one. The problem with that though is that people come and go and after a few months even, it starts to become inaccurate.

silly idea truck, i dont no who is from oz and dont really want to click on every single person to find where they live mate :)

rdd thats a good idea but i do see the problem with it,

but why cant we have a topic than in the topic u have things like UK USA AUSTRALIA all them places would be so much easier

silly idea truck, i dont no who is from oz and dont really want to click on every single person to find where they live mate :)

rdd thats a good idea but i do see the problem with it,

but why cant we have a topic than in the topic u have things like UK USA AUSTRALIA all them places would be so much easier

You don't need to click on everyones profile, there is an option in everyones own profile setting (click on my controls at top, then go to edit profile) to say where you are from, fill this out and it will appear on the left hand side of your post under your user name, check mine it says Rayleigh, Essex UK.

So no, not a silly idea at all :p

The problem with the single thread is that they get too big if people just post where they are. I was just looking at the fish store directories a couple days ago. The one for the UK is 17 pages long. So if you want to find a fish stroe near you in the UK, you may have to read through 17 pages to find one and then, there may not be one at all or the data could be old and outdated. For you being in Australia, the thread wouldn't be that long as there aren't that many members down under but the US and UK threads would get strung out. You might try sending a PM to Colin_T. He's from Perth and has been a member for a while and probably knows who a lot of the members from Australia are.

And the other part of the problem is that if people are concerned about security and won't list their location in their profile, they also won't put it on the thread. I certainly don't have a problem with trying to get something pinned if someone can think of a good way for it to work.

Hi rdd1952,

Would it help any if in the buy, sell and swop, somone added Australia.

Just a little idea to get the ball rolling.

I could have Tolak look at that. It would maybe like the US one where not a lot happens. Just the first page of the US one goes back seeral months. Australia is pretty spread out like the US but I guess a lot of the land down there isn't poplulated.

You could just have a section for other countries.

exactly.

but its not only buy n sell, but just everything? eg if a LFS is having a sale or there is a bargan i would post that in the Australia tread, theres no point me posting LFS having sale in the general thread???

Most reactions

Back