Well I Finally Succumbed

Well if she is a male VT Debbie......then this is what he'll look like with fins:

Strudel
0802210057.jpg

just keep the water clean thru regular changes, and fins will grow back fine, u can see it had fin damage anyways, but i just reckon its a male, the body shape, its face even looks male lol xx

Ok thanks for that....blimey I am disappointed a bit...but what the hell...I have a new fish....male or female....well she/he was in a tank with fin nippers, and even though I thought she was female...or now shemale...I am glad I have her/him...as I will look after her/him...along with the other 6 tanks I have....(obsessed)....she was to be named florence...my little ones choice of name...so I might have to tell her tomorrow to think of another name.....!

she has even named the fish...lol

lol <<< that a strange name foe a fish :p

beutiful fish by the way :)

Hmmmm might be an idea? sorry fish male/female you are called LOL !

Well if she is a male VT Debbie......then this is what he'll look like with fins:

Strudel
0802210057.jpg

Well Netty I shall keep an eye on her and watch for the fins growing....how long will it take?

It depends really.....it can take up to 6 weeks depending on how much tail there is to grow. But good luck he/she is gorgeous anyway :good:

Congrats on getting such a gorgeous betta :wub: :wub: :wub: Have to agree with Phoe, it looks like a male to me.

It depends really.....it can take up to 6 weeks depending on how much tail there is to grow. But good luck he/she is gorgeous anyway :good:

Aww thanks.....I like the fish whatever sex it is...I am just fish mad! :nod: :nod: :nod:

You said it !! Congrats on the new fish its lurveley !!

LOL thanks becks...you know how it is...ya see a fish and just gotta have it...!

Congrats on getting such a gorgeous betta :wub: :wub: :wub: Have to agree with Phoe, it looks like a male to me.

Thanks Natalia....not often ya see such a nice fish in my LFS....I shall wait for the fins to grow back then....think he is going to be one gorgeous boy when they do!

i can see that netty, it just looks like a male whos had its fins severly nipped in the lfs

i reckon, once all grown back, ud be able to see its a male

nice fish debbie :)

PS She only wants to steal my Tien (avatar) lol

Thanks pheonixbaby....thanks for the help too....appreciate it...!

I agree with the above that it looks male...other than the longer fins, the body shape is very male like as well.

lol. i'm laughing my ass off reading these posts.

*could* be a female but it looks like a male that was improperly homed in the store and is missing quite a bit of finnage. lucky betta fish ...... really good save.

Well Remz I am so glad I saved him now.....and I cannot believe in 3 days how his fins are growing back!! I dread to think how badley he would of been had I left him....!

i can see that netty, it just looks like a male whos had its fins severly nipped in the lfs

i reckon, once all grown back, ud be able to see its a male

nice fish debbie :)

PS She only wants to steal my Tien (avatar) lol

Spot on Phoenixbaby.....I can now see he is male...his fins are growing by the day.....I cannot believe how much they have grown in a short space of time.

Also wanted to ask...do betta prefer live or fake plants? Need to sort the tank and get it spot on for him.

Debbie

Glad to hear he is doing well and his fins are growing nicely :good: You can use either real or fake plants. If you decide on fake then use the silk ones as the plastic ones can rip their fins.

Glad to hear he is doing well and his fins are growing nicely :good: You can use either real or fake plants. If you decide on fake then use the silk ones as the plastic ones can rip their fins.

Ok netty..thanks for that...may I also ask.....is there somewhere online to buy betta food...he is a fussy one and does not seem to like normal flakes...he likes bloodworm, but obviously I limited them...he only gets them as a treat.

Debbie

You can buy betta food on ebay if you can't find it locally. We use hakari betta gold, betta one and betta pro.

Most reactions

Back