Welcome My Dad To The Forum!

Ok...... My aim is to convert my 3 foot cichlid tank to marine with a home made sump below :unsure: so my 1st project is to build my sump. I have the tank and perspex to make the dividers inside.After which i need to get all the components to go into the sump... Oh happy days lol.

:blink: Zooooooooooooooooooom woooosh Straight over my head there morri,whats a refeguim? sorry for being dumb here but im newer the YF my son to marine lol.The sump i want to make is having different sections and will be drawn through by a pump and back into the tank passing by a skimmer and ermm a bubble trap i think? Ive seen one made by Limpitreef on youtube.

Ha yes Tiger ive already been given my orders by YF :good: so im sure ill be pestered to do my journal and lots of pics

There are several journels on here talking about new start-ups with sumps, jump on in and start reading :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Heh no worries a refegium is basically a quieter (read slower flow) area in the sump where you can have a deep sand bed and keep some macro algae (Nitrate reducer) growing.

also if you have a bully in your tank you can move him into.

I will send you a link to a very useful site explains everything you need to know about sumps, I basically have modded one of his deigns to suite my needs just need it made noe ;)

Seffie, my dad doesnt have the patience to read through peoples journals, trust me he will get to the 2nd page and be snoring. And thats no word of a lie haha.

YF

Will do Seffie and thanks,also thanks for YF's tank etc its great and i said id never get into marine but now im totally stung,im always staring into his tank seeing what new has appeared

Will do Seffie and thanks,also thanks for YF's tank etc its great and i said id never get into marine but now im totally stung,im always staring into his tank seeing what new has appeared

My wife does something similar but its usually followed by "Well how much did that cost!!!!" :)

Tina, for some weird reason the PM sent.
Im not sure how lol but oh well, hes looking at the website now.
:good:

YF

That is unusual YF. May be something to do with the IP address, which may also be why your dads account took longer to validate. There are rules about multiple accounts you see.

Morri, my other half loves the tank, but if something is new, its also followed by "thats nice, how much did that cost me??"

Hes just gone upstairs to "Have a quick look at the tank".
So he will be back in about lets say, half hour?
:p

YF

Most reactions

Back