Water change how?

I think you're right, StanTheBetta, but don't forget that clutterydrawer is just a girlie.... :D

Dave

clutterydrawer said:
ddm18 said:
clutterydrawer said:
but i broke my thumb so now i can't.

What about your other hand??? :huh:

Dave
You think I can lift a 10L bucket to shoulder level with only one hand? I was taking the mick when i said i was superhumanly strong, I'm a weakling really. maybe you know a lot of strong people....or a lot of flying buckets.
Try my method. Fill the bath while it's on top of the tank, and you won't have to lift anything :)

ddm18 said:
I think you're right, StanTheBetta, but don't forget that clutterydrawer is just a girlie.... :D

Dave
Hush you. :D I can lift it i guess. i wouldnt be able to hold it there for any length of time though.

Dorsal I can't do that because the lid of my tank isn't flat! It's really weak aswell. Guess Ill just have to carry on getting my mam and sister to slave over water changes for me.

I see, the old "Oh, poor me, I've broken my thumb so I can't do water changes, would you do it for me. Pleeeeeeease. Go on, I'm in so much pain..." trick.

sorry to but in but when i do water changes of upto 50% i never add hot water just cold and put it in never had any problems what so ever with small tanks or large/medium always decholrinated of course it soon heats up used to do it but no longer after a shop said it did not matter. hope this is of use might not be everyones idea of doing it but in all my years it has never bothered me @ all :thumbs:

oh a shop said... must be right (sorry)

I prefer to get the temps as close as i can (couple of degrees...)

As someone said - 3 gallons in a bucket.... above your head?? yeah right! :flex:

My tank is quite low.... i stand the bucket on an ironing board, syphon the water back in.

Also water from the tank in your loft (if youve got one) will be better for the fish as the clorine and heavy metals in the mains supply will have dissipated while its sat. thats why it tastes different.

smithrc said:
Also water from the tank in your loft (if youve got one) will be better for the fish as the clorine and heavy metals in the mains supply will have dissipated while its sat. thats why it tastes different.
Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure that stagnant water that may have been sitting in your tank in the loft for days on end won't be very good for your fish, or at least, it's going to be a slightly greater risk than fresh mains water (with the chlorine removed, obviously). All I'm going by is the fact that people don't recommend drinking water from non-mains taps for that very reason, which is why the kitchen tap is always direct from the mains.

Just my opinion, of course.
Dave

ddm18 said:
I see, the old "Oh, poor me, I've broken my thumb so I can't do water changes, would you do it for me. Pleeeeeeease. Go on, I'm in so much pain..." trick.
maaaayybe. :whistle: In conjunction with "oh I've broken my thumb, I can't lift the kettle, please make me some tea" and "oh, i've broken my thumb, tie my shoelaces for me if you'd be so kind" and "i cant use my right hand so you'll have to write my revision notes for me". It's pretty good.

We have just been leaving the water out over night which has two benefits to our frigid well water:

1) Brings it up to about 70-75 degrees depending on ambient temp in the house
2) Gives that underground water time to breathe

Having said that we dont always follow that procedure. A few "emergency" water changes have been done with warmed well water with no ill effect.

Regards,

Artuk

Most reactions

Back