Water-bridge

fattikins

Reaction score
At the following site this guy created an actual "water-bridge"
http://www.bio-elite.com/waterbridge.htm
Therefore, I knew it could be done, so I wanted to try and make one for myself using his instructions. It turns out that this project could cost be anywhere from $200-$500 depending on where I get the PVC. I would like to, but I don't think I'm ever going to spend that much on a project this size. Apparently he got his for $50 USD. Then again, I'm not sure how old the site was when he posted that article, and one of those pictures looks quite dated. Also, he lives in South Africa...but I'm not sure if that makes a difference?
Anyways, so I was wondering if I could use 3-4" flexible tubing instead? It would probably cost me $20-$40 for all of the tubing (I might have multiple tubes) I would have to secure it some way...any ideas? Also, would the fish be able to travel say 12-16" upwards and downwards into a tank?
That would be pretty neat to have 2 tanks next to each other and have that concept.

Thanks.

I think it is awsome and you should try it, not sure how flexable tubing would work though. Why would they have to swim so hi up??

I think it is awsome and you should try it, not sure how flexable tubing would work though. Why would they have to swim so hi up??

If I say, made a giant upside-down U that had was 12" tall (out of the water).

Here is another members bridge. Another here. I can't find the link right now, but there is a "grand daddy of all water bridges" somewhere. Guy has these "tubes", in his case rectangular cross section I recall, going all over his house.

Here is another members bridge. Another here. I can't find the link right now, but there is a "grand daddy of all water bridges" somewhere. Guy has these "tubes", in his case rectangular cross section I recall, going all over his house.

In those links I'm curious as to what the elbows are made of. I was thinking of actually making one of those projects.

In those links I'm curious as to what the elbows are made of. I was thinking of actually making one of those projects.

Elbows are standard plumbing elbows, I just went with white. Get them first then buy the pipe to fit. Clear pipes in acrylic would be the price of a small house on the moon.

The seller I used on ebay is no longer selling at this point. The current seller is charging the prices you would see retail.

Most reactions

Back