Watanabei Angelfish

matt295

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi dont know if i spelled it right but would a watanabei angel fish work in a 50 gallon with corals and inverts? also how big do they get and any other info would be great.

Watanabe's Angelfish max lenght 5.9 in Minimum aquarium size 100 gal Foods Variety diet,including meaty foods ,finely-chopped crustacean flesh and mysid shrimp ,frozen preparations for herbivores REEF SAFE I hope this helps KJ

so i can keep one in it but i should watch out for it?

ok so would this be overstovked,
2 occelaris clowns
2 original firefish
1 wheelers watchman goby
1 tiger pistol shrimp
1 fire shrimp
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
3-4 bangaii cardinals
female watanabei angelfish
maybe a mandarin (dpends if eating)
maybe a carpenters wrasse

ok so would this be overstovked,

2 occelaris clowns = 1.5"
2 original firefish 2"
1 wheelers watchman goby 3"
1 tiger pistol shrimp 1"
1 fire shrimp 1"
1 skunk cleaner shrimp 1"
3-4 bangaii cardinals 2"
female watanabei angelfish 6"
maybe a mandarin (dpends if eating) (green mandarin is 2-3") (spotted is 1-2")
maybe a carpenters wrasse 3.5"

I would reccommen at least a 40 Gal. Tank...

sry. didn't see you had a 50 gal. No you wouldn't be overstocked IMHO...

thanks. so i could put the carpenters and mandarin (if i find one that is eating) and it will still not be overstocked?

hmmm. I was told it was.. oh well.. does it matter? what's teh difference thier still fish.. and they all grow:S

so engoiskater158-do you think that is overstocked if you dont go by the 1 inch per gallon rule. how do you go by 2 inches per gallon?

Well, depends what your goals for the tank are. If you're doing fish-only, then its not overstocked, if its going to be a reeftank, its overstocked unless you have a really big sump and a big skimmer.

it is a reef tank. so if i took out the carpenters wrasse and mandarin, would it be good?

hmmm. I was told it was.. oh well.. does it matter? what's teh difference thier still fish.. and they all grow:S

they are for the most part much more sensitive to water conditions and fish from the sea often need considerably more space than fish from lakes and rivers (just think about their natural environment) there isn't really a set rule for saltwater, you have to assess each fish on it's own merits

Most reactions

Back