Want To Start A Planted Tank

Daveo026

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all I would like to start a planted tank but I have no idea where to start what's a good beginner plant to start on and what will I need to keep them growing/living thanks in advance

Moss is a good plant to start with and will look great where ever you put it :good:

And believe it or not I have some for sale, would you like to but some?

Moss always dies in my tank. I have had great success with Hygrophila and java fern though.

Low light plants are the best to start with. Anubias, java fern, and even amazon swords will work :good:

Moss always dies in my tank. I have had great success with Hygrophila and java fern though.

Seriously? I can grow moss in a fridge freezer its that easy, or was that just a pizza that's been there for 5 years :lol:

Moss is a good plant to start with and will look great where ever you put it :good:

And believe it or not I have some for sale, would you like to but some?
Oooh I would love some!! I have a tank that I am trying to keep a natural as possible, and would love some moss.

If you still have some PM me, and we can sort out details.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was just curious as to whether moss would grow in Discus conditions? I've bought a huuuge piece of bogwood that I'd love to try and get some moss growing around/up..

do use liquid carbon?

No, but then I'm told that moss will thrive in unenhanced conditions.
Sorry meant, think i read that liquid carbon can effect it in a negative way.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was just curious as to whether moss would grow in Discus conditions? I've bought a huuuge piece of bogwood that I'd love to try and get some moss growing around/up..

Should be ok, though i think it's Java Moss that does the best at higher temperatures >28°C

Most reactions

Back