Want New Fish Tank And Cabinet , Best Places To Buy

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clivealive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi

I have had the same tank for 17 years and iam looking to get a nice new one.   I have a 48" x 18"H x 15" w
 I need the full monty cabinet and tank not sure on size yet maybe about the same hopefully lightly bigger maybe 48" x 20/22" h  18/20w"
mainly looking for a nice set up that looks the business, not cheap look.     strong and will last.

I need a closed hood and T5 lights ( 2 or 3)  intend to use fluval external filer maybe 405  i have currently if it will cope with extra volume.

so any ideas on nice tanks/cabinets for sale and advice.

The switch over will be another matter as it needs to go in the same place.

Knowing which country (more specific the better) you are living in will greatly help folks in directing you.

Juwel aquariums are pimp - a lot of fish shops sell them or can get hold of them, Google is your friend. Otherwise go to your local Maidenhead Aquatics for their range.
www.fishkeeper.co.uk
Or look at custom, ND Aquatics do made to order and a variety of others.

try maidenhead aquatics, I got a nice oak 200lt tank and cabinet from there, cost about £650

Look on the fluval site...some lovely tank and cabinets on there and brilliant prices!

I have 2 jewel 240ltr tanks, cabinet & tank are well made

thanks for suggestions so far.  the fluval ones are not quite big enough as dont like the bow effect.
gonna look at jewel' s now.

thanks some of the seapets ones look ok, so its down to sump or no sump ,   thinking 48"  x 18"w x  22" h   (maybe 24 depends on cabinet size)   iam only 5ft 4 so cant be too hight lol.

P@H soemtimes sell used or ex display tanks at reduced prices, sold as seen basically. 

But if you don't want 2nd hand, they do sort of reasonable sales for Fluval Romas. Not bargains or anything, ok for the money.

That where I bought my 90l Roma tank & cabinet from for £200 and am still happy with the tank and cabinet, no issues at all!

I've got a Juwel Rio 240, great tank

I bought it 2nd hand off ebay

You can get some really good quality 2nd hand tanks for much cheaper than the price which they sell them for at shops (hundreds less)

Be careful though, you dont want to buy a 2nd hand tank which is damaged

na wouldnt buy second hand tank,  idea is to replace a 17 year old tank with new tank.  ebay hmmm   worth a look though

Most reactions

Back