Six the Cross-Dressing betta:
six.jpg

Louis the Blind Betta:
Louis4.jpg

Petey:
goodPetey.jpg

Gabriel:
gabrielSideFin.jpg

Barnacle Boy (in this pic he's still in his cup - no recent photos of him, he's kinda new):
bb1.jpg

Mermaid Man (in this pic he's still in his cup also, etc.)
mm4.jpg

AND... my girls...
Pearl:
AprilPearl.jpg

Daisy:
AprilDaisy.jpg

Millie:
millie3.jpg

Nellie:
nellie1.jpg

Cloey (in the foreground) and Liza (in the background):
2girls.jpg

You know..you calling "other" tail types ugly is no better then someone else calling VT's ugly...you should remember that. :/ I happen to think my "other" tail types are quite lovely actually..as well as my VT guys. :wub:

If you want to get technical..they're all really "mutts" except the wilds (and who's to say they aren't either...we don't know how they procriate on their own ;) ). Same as all dog breeds and cats...they all came from breeding other breeds together to get what *we* as humans wanted out of their gentic codes....which makes them more or less "mutts"...technically speaking.

I think everyone needs to quit judging everything so critically and just enjoy the beauty that has arisen from the different methods chosen for breeding these wonderful fish. :look:

Here are my VT guys:

(my very first betta boy) This is Nin - means Sapphire in Thai
Nin007.jpg

This is Tay - means Elegant in Thai
Tay006.jpg

This is Rom - means Beautiful in Thai
Rom003.jpg

This is Han - means Audacious in Thai
Han005.jpg

Nice fish, all. Personally, I have not yet found a betta I think is ugly. Some are prettier than others, I'll agree, but IMO all bettas are the prettiest fish in the tropical world.

I agree Orky. I prefer VT, but that is because the other tail types that are sold in the stores are very alike. I prefer lighter coloured bettas and most ct's that you can get in the stores around here are all very dark.

Just imagine... if bettas COULD be put together in a really large tank - what a BEAUTIFUL tank it would be.

And I too think ALL bettas are wonderfully beautiful. ALL of them :)

Most reactions

Back