Various

haowin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey all, so got the list of fish i'd like, but having a problem of everything aside from the fish.
My tanks cycled, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites.

Fish i plan on keeping
6 mollys (1:2)
2 shrimp (ive read about peoples tanks getting overrun by shrimps, if i buy 2 different species are they less liekly to reproduce? (would rather do without the hassle)
2 dwarf flag cichlid
1 flash pleco
5 dwarf loach
Recommended temp 24-27 degree celcius
ph 7-7.8

My tank atm 37 imperial/44 us gallon
I've got 4 cloud minnows, 2 goldfish in there atm, but im gonna donate the goldfish to my lfs once i got tropical. The heaters not on but ive just stuck it in. Ive got 2 filters running, 1 internal bioflow (matured) and 1 external. Ive ran them both together to give the new filter time to mature without risking the build of ammonnia and what not.
The plants in there are all fake, except 2 (dont know what they are) which i got a while back. thought they were amazon swords but i just recognised them on a post that they stated wasnt a real aquarium plant, but often sold as real plants by lfs lol
asddw.JPG
The substrate atm
aswf.JPG

I plan on changing this to playground sand. For the general look and for the future plants
https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosTrolleyList?langId=-1&krypto=FLFMJHiq1nQo6zNlH9zphSZIP03o5HkJ8W/k1/YQFOEigiMIbsSTdM%2B%2BTZROCxPMhlvofNCXq5Ph%0AD01KB0yE0/95b5Il8jyVzkamuFUKlD4zGLflP9qvypGw2eJn8MEBFvcd5rqKGfYQk6XBdDSSzN7V%0A%2BwJyJ5kRt/GmiAaJwZlVZoO4X9thpHSw1YffEitCHbAm8JNSperdx68BfVuD52FCV8fNZzHMwcHk%0AKioDvw1zeUC9KYpNwAU5so2ehqJMm4tFYXdPeNPWC1Wy0KDaNVCXAy4C%2BntAh69IZbfAwT%2B6MDbd%0AxRLtCPjVhvHVI4e9rwi4yKrkWHxOkYVxCwaFPqNZpTDoNZau&ddkey=OrderItemDisplay

My tanks going to have 2x45w lamps, once i get the t5 lamp holders.
Im not 100% on plants and having a hard time finding which ones would be good to keep, can anyone suggest any plants given the recommended parameters? Do i have to provide additional CO2? Ive read about giving the plants nutrients, will that alone do?
Also i'll get a piece of driftwood for the plec, probably weighed to slate.

I can answer one of the questions. Cichlids and loaches are probably going to make certain you have no shrimp; not compatible when the cichlid and loaches become adult, they will have little shrimp dinners. Other thing is that Amano shrimp are big and cannot breed in fresh water, while they can live there they return to brackish water to breed. So at least this species cannot overrun your tank. I have Amanos in the some very young dwarf cichlids and angels at the moment. But my fish have tiny little mouths at the moment.

I WISH my tank got over run with glass shrimp so I wouldnt have to keep buying more to feed my cats, bichirs, and angels!! :lol:

The cichlid and loaches are only small though. Hoping it'd make a difference. THe flag cichlid, grows to 2.8-3.6" and dwarf loaches 2.5. Kinda chose to keep smaller fish cause i wanted numbers/variety rather than size.

That tank, is gonna need C02 injection with light that high, if you haven't bought the lights yet, then try 2 t8's with lower wattage.

Most reactions

Back