Upgrade To Trigon?

Fish bubbles

Reaction score
Hi all

I started my hobby off with a 26cm square tank and want to turn into either a shrimp tank or a quarantine but i want to upgrade to a Juwel Trigon 190. Has anyone got any good or bad experiences with this tank before i go and purchase? I was gonna go with a Juwel vision 180. Any Ideas?

Thanks guys

Fish Bubbles

No experience with those particular tanks (though a corner tank has been my dream for many years now, and the Vision is what I'm hoping to upgrade to soon).

Juwel is a well known and respected brand though, and I don't see you'd have any problem with any of their tanks.

Iv never had the trigon but I have had a vision 180 and now got a vision 260, a rio 180 and most recently got a rio 400. Not had a problem with any of them :)

I have had a Trigon 190 for three years and really like it. had no problems with it even converted to a marine.

If i was you though if you get one remove the internal filter and get an external one. I found the internal filter needs alot of cleaning out as it is only small.

I have just upgraded to a vision 450l and i know that i will miss the tank.

I have had a Trigon 190 for three years and really like it. had no problems with it even converted to a marine.

If i was you though if you get one remove the internal filter and get an external one. I found the internal filter needs alot of cleaning out as it is only small.

I have just upgraded to a vision 450l and i know that i will miss the tank.

I agree with removing the internal filters that come with the tank. I have externals on all mine :)

Thanks for the advice guys,

Yeah i seen them black blocks in the far right corner i would prefer if it was empty with a external filtration. But time to save up in the mean time for that i guess.

cheers

Fish Bubbles

I have a Trigon, I love it but it is harder to look after. Its taller than my other tanks and takes a little more effort with water changes etc but its by far my favourite looking tank. People say there hard to scape but I think this is the easiest tank to scape, it just looks nice whatever you do to it.

I have a trigon 190 and I love it!! Great looking aquarium and had no trouble whatsoever with mine

Most reactions

Back