Up & Running!

venom2112

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
got my tank up & running at last!! its a ferplas caymen 80, 120 ltr, just put our 1st lot of fish in today, 1 betta (gary) 2 swordtails & 2 mollies, will add more as time goes on, they seem a bit lost at the moment but guy in the shop said introduce the fish a couple at a time so taking his advice! anyway what do you think of the set up? is it ok or do i need more plants etc....

Attachments

• tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 37
  • betta2.JPG
    betta2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 32
  • dalm_molli2.JPG
    dalm_molli2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 30
  • sword3.JPG
    sword3.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 32
not a bad tank.
may i suggest getting some more plants, maybe real ones. im a fan of well planted tanks, and it may reduce the bettas aggression with the other fish (if they is any) what other fish are you planning on adding?

planning on getting a couple of angel & clown loaches next week, looking for colour in the tank

sorry but clown loachs are too big for you tank as they grow to 12 inches and prefer to be kept in groups, and i know angels need a tall tank but i'm not sure on the actual height :unsure: also the angels wouldn't be the best mix with the betta

hmmm conflicting things here then!!, my son has 2 loaches, with a betta, & 3 angels, has had for some time now without a prob, will ask the guy in the shop, there quite honest at the shop i go to ( wouldn't sell me tiger barbs when i bought betta as he claims they would nip away at his fins etc..)thanks for advice anyway!

i have kept 1 betta with angels no problem but i tryed it again with the same group of angles, and they tore his fins apart :crazy:

not a bad tank.
may i suggest getting some more plants, maybe real ones. im a fan of well planted tanks, and it may reduce the bettas aggression with the other fish (if they is any) what other fish are you planning on adding?

why have more plants???? how will that stop the bettas agression????

not a bad tank.

why have more plants???? how will that stop the bettas agression????

coz there will be so many plants he wont be able to find any other fish!! :p
changed now anyway, gonna get some tetras & couple of catfish

more plants means the bettas line of sight will be broken so it will see the other fish less,and it helps other fish to swim away if any attacked was to be made.
tetras are good tank mates, sometimes they will nip the bettas fins, but keep an eye out just in case.
what catfish? some grow big. corys are perfect though.make sure you get a group of atleast 3+

Most reactions

Back