Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

To lighten things up... My aquarium plants are not doing well, I'm thinking they need to be watered more often?

My religion is better then your religion and my politics are better than your politics. Making it heavy again;).
Oh yah? Well my religion is way better and screw politics... No one likes governments! 😂😂... (Remember just playing along with the joke)

Also x this is fish related I just noticed 😅

Here's one: I like my aquarium and YES,I have algae. I wish I had none. But,I can live with it. It's not a major problem. Fish are fine. I can't say every leaf on my aquarium is perfect looking,but again,I can live with mostly fine.
My near idol is now MD fishtanks who as you might know,disconnected the many Co2 canisters and found that plants were still doing great with the lighting and ferts.
Uhem,I did mention that on UKAPS and they tore him to pieces even claiming that he had superiors tap water,etc,.
Just as life is a balance,aquariums are a balance too. With pretty nice looking being livable as opposed to what would be at least $1,500 in lights and Co2 setup. Electric bills are real. :teacher:

Attachments

• IMG_4447X.jpg
    IMG_4447X.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4447  Z.jpg
    IMG_4447 Z.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 50
Personally I like to use heavy water for my fish tanks. Its not radioactive and the Deuterium gives the fish that extra zip to get through the day. I would use more but it is so damn expensive.

Ozzy Osbourne always uses bottled heavy water.:banana:bada -boom.

Last edited:
Ok. I think Iwagumi is ok,but not worth the cost. Its like spending huge $$$$ to look at rocks in an aquarium with almost no fish and small pockets of small foliage plants. For that you need starfire glass,Co2, top of the line lighting? Extravagant.
Just saw another vid in my recommend about it. I pass.

Not too keen on Iwagumi either looks nice but forced and constrained. I don't have the time to prune my aquarium plants to that level, keep that level of work for my trees that produce fruit.

If you love Iwagumi? Why not make one as a terrarium? Forget all that water chemistry,filtering. Only need lights,rocks,and some fine scale plants sold for terrariums. Makes more sense.

OR do it in a very small tank with fake grass and no fish. Don’t have to worry about hiding filtration, maintaining plants, etc. etc.

If you go that route- just use a photograph poster of the Iwagumi and I think many hobbyists do have them on their walls,next to Farrah Fawcett.

If you go that route- just use a photograph poster of the Iwagumi and I think many hobbyists do have them on their walls,next to Farrah Fawcett.
Farrah Fawcett? Balanced aquarium, pre water change era stuff....

In a well filtered tank, black beard algae looks like hair waving as one drives a convertible along the oceanside on a pleasant summer evening.

Most reactions

Back