Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

Have no love for tattoo’d fish or neon fish or balloon fish. Nor do I care for Java plants although I have seen some nice set up’s with these plants.

I don't think a black background is always better. I don't like many that have pictures/fake ocean printed on them either. Most of the time I prefer a black background, it does make colours pop and hides cables and things, but frosted backgrounds can look great too, and make a scape look like an open sky, which is good for a mountain scene, so you see aquascapers use them a lot.

I took the black background off my tank the other day when moving it so I could give the glass a good clean, and haven't put it back on yet. The wall behind is a pale blue, so I was quite enjoying the different view. But right now, I can see my group of otoinclus glass surfing and playing on the back pane, which I wouldn't normally be able to see when the tank is dark. So I might go without a background on their permanent tank so I can enjoy them more.

I don't think a black background is always better. I don't like many that have pictures/fake ocean printed on them either.
Fully agreed! I think background-less aquariums look way better, unless you have some really bright colored fish and a dull enclosure. imo the prettiest aquariums are those that can be seen from any angle

While I agree that you may get a better view you may also stress out the fish with all the light coming into the tank and the additional movement they may see outside the tank and react to if you have the tank set up with no background and in the middle of a room and not against a wall. Some fish like tetra like shade. If you have a big enough tank with plenty of plants, driftwood and rocks maybe it would be less stressful.

While I agree that you may get a better view you may also stress out the fish with all the light coming into the tank and the additional movement they may see outside the tank and react to if you have the tank set up with no background and in the middle of a room and not against a wall. Some fish like tetra like shade. If you have a big enough tank with plenty of plants, driftwood and rocks maybe it would be less stressful.
I agree

Bettas and guppies are the most generic boring fish ever.

I sort of agree with the guppy part. They don't have any personality, and they're not particularly interesting to watch. They have nice colors though.
I completely disagree about the betta part. I love my betta. He has so much personality, he's fun to watch, and he's adorable.

This is the one people always get mad at me over.....
You can keep multiple rainbow sharks together ;)
I have three albino females and one common male...all is peaceful.

Unpopular opinion - 1-2 Gallons is okay for betta, mine was in 10 gal and he does nothing so I move him over to 1.5 Gal and he also does nothing...well except waiting for food :)

another unpopular opinions is betta dont need filter as long as you keep the water clean and have lots of live plants.

here is my betta in the said tank, you see, he have such a sad face
Begging for food all day.

um also betta fan dont hate on me, if my opinions not match with you guys lol @Deanasue @PheonixKingZ
1E44A4A6-C155-4A19-AF25-6A1064469572.jpeg
17AA228B-35B0-4C63-A8B3-E125BB5F9929.jpeg

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion - 1-2 Gallons is okay for betta, mine was in 10 gal and he does nothing so I move him over to 1.5 Gal and he also does nothing...well except waiting for food :)

another unpopular opinions is betta dont need filter as long as you keep the water clean and have lots of live plants.

here is my betta in the said tank, you see, he have such a sad face
Begging for food all day.

um also betta fan dont hate on me, if my opinions not match with you guys lol @Deanasue @PheonixKingZ
View attachment 112255View attachment 112260
He has a sad face because there is nothing there for him to beat up, Barry! :lol:

Bettas are MURDERERS at heart and were probably cats in a previous life - you could give him a snail to have a good gossip with, though.

Your betta tank is beautiful. He's a lucky fish!

Most reactions

Back