Unnatuaral Set-ups

VictorMeldrew

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all

Just interested about different set-ups, you know the sort of thing, sunken ships, citys and skulls, i have to say i do not really like them most of the time, they look really tacky and imo rubbish, but i do just wonder if anyone has actually pulled this look off and made it look really professional, anyone brave enough to post a pick of their efforts at this type of set-up, post it here :good:

Would be great to find a serious plant grower to have done it :good:

i hav a 60 litre wiv quite a big pirate ship in the middle wiv plants all around the back and sides wiv some swimming space at the front
it is not a tacky pirate ship as it cost about £50
ill try nd get some pics soon
imo i think it looks quite gd lol
:good: :good:

£50 or £5 i think they look tacky!!

I used to have one in my old set up and it looked terrible!!

I have an easter island head in mine if that counts??

....and your opinon, JoshJames is what counts. Some people like the natural look, others don't. I do prefer the natural look, but I've seen some "funky" tanks. online, that have their own appeal.

heres my tacky tank :hyper: :hyper:
CopyofPICT0052.jpg

and this 1 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
020.jpg

ummmm...i think it might be possible, i have seen your tank before and have to say i really like it, its a great tank but your easter island theme is only small and with the plants looks really good, but is not the main feature so for now it does not count, however if you are the only one that posts then you can have the win here :lol:

That was for ian H

I probably would prefer the natural look but i don't like looking after the plants - i have half planted and a couple of things like rocks in like an arch and etc.

I've been to shows where aquarium displays have featured, and seen this sort of thing done very very well. A degree of modelling and painting skill is required. Best one I've ever seen was a sunken trawler, and a post apocalyptic ruined city. The city was made using Warhammer scenery, and the sunken trawler was based on a fibreglass hull designed for remote control.

I really wish I'd taken photographs now, but to be honest I wasn't really expecting there to be anything that fancy at the show.

I'm thinking of doing something for my tank though. I'll start a thread on it here when I get it going if you'd like.

:lol: :lol: didnt think it would count :p

It looks great now though since the plants have grown around it so its "buried" under them all, i would post a new pic but algae is spoling the whole tank! give it a week or two and i'll post a new pic :good:

Think it all about scale seen some nice setups and some dire ones. sponge bob and mermaid mel tanks spring to mind sold in pets at home (dire plastic carp)

As above once plants fill out and thing age it sort of blends in. not shiney and new

Most reactions

Back