Unheated tank water in Equator countries be like

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yzaylakeepsfish

Reaction score
31.9°C?! But I'm too broke to get a chiller. This is at Singapore at the afternoon. My tank is Infront of the window.
IMG_20241021_182501.jpg

You might reduce the heat a bit by getting the tank out of the sunlight, but that is a brutal level of heat longterm.

Gary gave a good advice. But you could also use ice cubes or a fan.

A fan or especially ice cubes would be a lifelong chore in a hot country. Here in Canada, I've managed tanks in heat waves, where conditions were bad for a week or two. But over a year, that kind of heat would be deadly for a lot of fish.

With that tank in Singapore, I'd be researching what species are the most heat tolerant, and stocking very lightly.

At least you wouldn't need an aquarium heater. If the tank were away from warming sunlight, and in an air conditioned room, then most of the advice on a forum like this would make sense. Otherwise, that'll be some extreme fishkeeping there.

We have temperatures like that and higher during summer. We just use an air-conditioner in the house and cool the house to 30C. The fish age quicker in warm water but there is no other major issues apart from low oxygen level. An airstone bubbling away helps keep oxygen levels high.

You need some substrate on the bottom of the tank to make the fish feel more secure. A picture on the back of the tank will help them too.

31.9°C?! But I'm too broke to get a chiller. This is at Singapore at the afternoon. My tank is Infront of the window.View attachment 352539
Have you measured the water temperature? Looks like you are showing the air temperature. How much does it cool down at night? Block the sunlight with a background as suggested above by Colin_T. Try evaporative cooling. It works and will lower the temp a couple of degrees. They make aquarium fans just for that purpose. As Gary said, keep your bioload very low and species that can tolerate high temperatures. Just curious, is your tank sitting on a reptile screen top? If so, it will eventually fail.

Most reactions

Back