Undecided About Sex Of New Girl (again)

blue_betta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
well my two new girls that i got last week were confined to a split breeding trap for a week so that my big girl would get used to them. i let them out today and a bit of flaring and a bit of quarreling between the two new girls. the big girl asserted herslef but no physical contact was made. thin is, as soon as i saw the mable "vt girl" flare i imediately though "ohhh" what do you recon? he/she is very small still, only about 2cm long. a visable egg spot but that is not neccessarily a sure fire thing. just the way it was flaring and the shape. the ventrals are long and has a big flare "face", although the skinn under the gill covers is almost transparent so dificult to see

Attachments

• CIMG1170__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1170__Small_.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 49
  • CIMG1146__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1146__Small_.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 62
  • CIMG1148__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1148__Small_.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG1149__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1149__Small_.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 46
That's both. It's a hermaphrodite :blink:

No, just kidding. I'm not too good at sexing...could possibly be a male...don't quote me on that though lol

Attachments

• CIMG1151__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1151__Small_.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 65
  • CIMG1152__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1152__Small_.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG1171__Small_.JPG
    CIMG1171__Small_.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 49
Females have been known to flare, have long ventrils, etc.. This is a confusing case, considering the ovipositor.. If he's young, it could just be his rectum sticking out.. But, due to the body shape and all that.. I'm going to put in my bid for female. I could be wrong, though. :)

In light of the new pictures, I'm almost sure it's a female. :unsure:

Yeah, my vote would have to be for a female as well.
You're just gonna have to wait and see though I guess.

Does that other female pictures the light colored one with red fins have a chin?? :blink:

Yeah, my vote would have to be for a female as well.
You're just gonna have to wait and see though I guess.

Does that other female pictures the light colored one with red fins have a chin?? :blink:
lol she is very fat, just eats and lazes about, might call her garfeild, face on she looks like a bulldog. she is massive but very laid back

I think it's a female too. BTW, I have almost the mirror image of your fish, in DT, only male. He has changed alot over the last year from when I first got him, and I love him to absolute bits.

Yours is very gorgeous.

Most reactions

Back