• Sat 26th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun 27th

• Mon 28th (bank holiday)

• Total voters
I'll almost certainly be there :)

Any chance of a lift PaulEbs? Im just the other side of Oxford? Happy to contribute to petrol?

If for some unforseen reaason it gets moved to sunday (logically the most ideal day) or monday I can come from London and can drive people there, and pick others up on the way as long as i dont stary too much from the route.

Im working till 3 on saturday so if sat stays i cant come :(

skive skive skive skive skive

you know you wanna come really! we'll give you a lift and everything :good:

anyone else if you wanna lift from leeds/bradford ish just give me or Ian a shout. :D

Just a quick update :)
While the new job was absolutely perfect for Peter, he'd have to drive there every morning because there's no good public transport connections. Which just isn't very do-able because 1. We don't own a car 2. It's 2 and half hours there, 2 and half hours back on top of a 9 hour day.
So we decided to not go for it and just stay in England.

Meaning that we're definatly gonna be in the Blue Planet Aquarium on saturday the 26th =)

I was just wondering, those that are staying the night, be it friday or saturday night ... did you lot concider maybe discussing which place you're looking to stay in to help the others out on what would be cheap? Who knows, if enough show up you might get some kind of discount :p

I've found a travel lodge for £26 (normerly £46 fri night)
this is at Knutsford (J19, M6) and blue planet is J20, M6 so not to far to driver Sat morning.
It looks like I shall be staying there, just need to get the 'rents debit card number :lol:

Wolf, it's about 30 miles from Knutsford to Blue Planet, you have a stretch of about 20 miles of M56 then 1 junction up the M53. Also I think you have to present the card you used to pay over the phone/t'internet when you arrive, just check.

Arfie

30 miles is a lot closer than 250 :p
I'm sure I saw on the travellodge site you can book on behalf of someone else, anyway thanks for the heads up.

It sucks... I wanna come really bad!!! Maybe, if I dumped my girlfriend then I won't have to see her everynight so i'll be able to come because I could afford the petrol!

Sod it, I think i'll come and meet everyone! No promises yet though! Where are we meeting? In a car park?

Anyone in Lincolnshire... I might be able to give you lift... if I go! I would certainly enjoy the company in the car!

We could wear name badges with our username on and everything!! LOL! (JOKE!!) :lol:

We could wear name badges with our username on and everything!! LOL! (JOKE!!) :lol:

Noooo! Not a joke! I have no clue how to pronounce my nickname, so name badges sound like a great idea!!
Blah, Wolfy will be able to recognise me, to the others I'll just be 'Elvira'. Most already know me like that in chat anyway.

As to where we're meeting, I first thought it would make most sense to go in and then meet up. But I guess that if enough people show up we might be able to get a discount?
The car park seems a bit weird though, it's quite large so it would be a 'where is everyone?' type of thing, plus you'll more than likely be in full sun.
My vote would be meet up at the entrance, on the inside of the building but before we pay?

Yeah, good idea!! I really want to come now! I'm going to get stick from my girlfriend... but who cares!

I think i'll drive down Friday night and stay in a B + B... then drive home Saturday Night!

I'll probably be the youngest there!! And i'll be the only one by myself probably!

Check out the place Wolfy is staying in, and maybe PM him about it. The search he did on there showed a family room ... not sure whether he wants that much space for himself or if he wanted the share the room or what. Ofcourse it can't hurt to try and find some B&Bs nearby, might be cheaper though I doubt it.

Also, how old are you that makes you think you're gonna be the youngest?

d`nay worry timmy ya can hang round with me and the missus and we`ll warp your young fragile mind...

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

as for meeting in the entrance not a good idea as there isn`t realy a foyer, possibly meet at the burger king at the shoping plaza place just down the road, and those not driving could jump in with those who are and all toddle off to the blue plannet....
it would also give those who`ve been driving for 2 or 3 hours a chance for a cool drink and a bite to eat and general unwind before we face the fishys

Never checked for any Burger Kings around there, but according to the other half there's a fair few around that area. So if we will meet up there, could you explain exactly how to get there? Or get the address/postcode of the one you mean?

And it is true that there isn't a real place to sit down and wait or whatever in the entrance area, but it is big enough to wait :p I do agree it would probably be better to meet up somewhere like the burger king (though I really hate burger kings) so those that have traveled for ages or those that are very early will have some place to sit down and catch a breath. We do have to make very sure we're all at the same place though, which might be a bit tricky if it isn't something as easily found as the blue planet aquarium.

Most reactions

Back