Uk Gallons And Us Gallons

jason26

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a quick question might sound silly, whenever you buy water conditioners or medicines for aquariums it gives you the recommended dosing per gallons, does anyone know if they use UK or US gallons.

Depends on the product, American products like stress coat use US gallons and British products like Waterlife treatments use imperial gallons, i find its best just to work in litres when treating the tanks with anything as it saves confusion.

Depends on the product, American products like stress coat use US gallons and British products like Waterlife treatments use imperial gallons, i find its best just to work in litres when treating the tanks with anything as it saves confusion.

Yes..it's got to be working with litres for me but even then, I like to attempt to work out what something weighs in imperial weight or costs pre decimalisation!!!
I am of the age when learning about pounds, shillings, pence, drams, ounces, inches, yards, acres, furlongs and imperial miles was, quite frankly, ritualistic torture thinly veiled as education!!

Metric is best. :good: t

Most reactions

Back