Typical Discus

When I used to breed them, I would just make sure the water quality was good, the parents will remove any 'bad eggs'

OMG total disaster gutted. Wood that eggs were on fell over in the night and all eggs gone. Not sure if it fell over and they ate eggs to protect it or it fell over when they were trying to eat the eggs.
At least they seem seetled in their tank, back to more waiting
Angel

OMG total disaster gutted. Wood that eggs were on fell over in the night and all eggs gone. Not sure if it fell over and they ate eggs to protect it or it fell over when they were trying to eat the eggs.
Angel

Hello,

Sorry, I could not upload my first attachments. Wood is very light and it can easily decay in water. Try suitable black

slate slab convivenient to your size of the tank. The slab should not have any reaction with water. You can consult

your breeder. Moreover in black background you can see the white eggs and the hatching process. Some informations

about my feeding foods for my pets. I feed TETRA BITS, a sinking pelets and ATLAS,a colour enhacing granules once

in a day at night. What are your feeds.TRy this web-site www.tinkerfish.com

Thanks,
WITH REGARDS

Wearone mine are fed a mix of tetra prima(same as tetra bits i think) freeze dried tubifix and brine shrimp and beefheart about 3-4x day, i will cut this down abit when they are fully grown.
Angel

Angel

Angel,

Beautiful Discus you've got there. Sorry to hear about the eggs. Hope they settle down and try again soon. Good Luck.

Angel

Angel,

Beautiful Discus you've got there. Sorry to hear about the eggs. Hope they settle down and try again soon. Good Luck.

Hello Angel.

No news from your side. Hope your small ones are active Let me know further developments after laying eggs. Hope the

Hatching process went of well and babies have started of their own.

with regards

hi weareone they have eatan another batch of eggs since then,they just need time and experience i suppose, they are a young pair, they are cleaning the wood again tonight so i think more eggs shortly
this is a video took of them laying their last batch of eggs
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/an...glaying1001.flv
Angel

Hello Angelmouse,

Nice photo album. I appreciate your set up of fish tank. Hope you have seperate breeding tank. But i see the eggs only

but not the hatching process. Tell me what type of plants you set up in the tanks. Is it necessary to have two heaters

to maintain the temp.Your house garden is very nice.

with regards

Lorna ...thanks for your kind comments
Weareone... there is no pics of hatching process as so far they have layed eggs 8 times and none have got that far without being eaten by bristlenoses in the main tank and the parents now they are in the breeding tank.i had two heaters in there at the time i took the photo as i wanted to heat the water up quickly before i put them in their and had not got round to removing it

The breeding tank in by my computer and i am watching the pair laying and fertilizing eggs as i type this, fingers crossed for the 9th time. i will keep you informed of further progress if there is any
Angel

Most reactions

Back