Typical Discus

I would have thought that the fry need the parents because the fry feed of the parent's mucus for a stage.

I would have thought that the fry need the parents because the fry feed of the parent's mucus for a stage.

yes thats deffo right parents need to be there as the feed of parents mucus

manitu

Yup they need there parents to feed of there slime coat (mucus, whatever lol).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRblPRdOxzM&mode=related&search=

I've seen that before. From my POV it's one of the most amazing habits I've seen, all the mini discus shimmering away! I thought this could maybe be suplimented in some way if the fry were seperate? Might be talking rubish, but i would think it could be possible :fun: -_-

Just watched them lay another batch of eggs so i now know the pigeonblood is female, then the marlboro followed and i gather fertilized them. First time i've seen it happen, amazing to watch. i've been looking for the last day as i knew it was due and i done a water change late last night which seems to prompt them into action,they've got better at it there are more eggs this time.
might try moving eggs and parents into another tank this evening.
Angel

Must be really fun to watch, good luck.Oh, and don't forget to update :p

Moved them to breeding tank now with the eggs but they haven't gone near them yet, they don't seem to realize that their eggs went with them. hopefully they will have found them by the morning.
Angel

Thats great that they are taking care of the eggs after the move. It is a wonderful sight watching them with the eggs and babies. I miss having discus.

congrats angel mouse

wish my discus would get jiggy its only a matter of time now i hope, 12 discus together, come on..

woopee they found the eggs and are fanning them again
Fingers crossed again
Angel

Congrats. At last you have suceeded. Now it is your care to take all precautions during hatching. Have you taken any

photos stage by stage. This will give a valuble informations in discus breeding. My tank contains 6 grown up discus

and 6 small ones. I spend lot of time in watching my pets, to find out the exact pair. Till now I could not make out

anything. I am very anxious in breeding. Help me with some informations.

Thanks,
with regards.
:good:

this is them settled in new breeder, i will try and update with more photos if all goes well but it is a first for us both, not sure if there is anything i can do to protect eggs, i've read people use methylene blue or salt.
fish1137.jpg

fish1130.jpg

Angel

congrats angel mouse

wish my discus would get jiggy its only a matter of time now i hope, 12 discus together, come on..
It's probably because your discus are quite young, only be a matter of time :p 8) .
Angelmouse I have heard methylene blue stops eggs becoming infected with fungus, I don't know aobut salt though.I thinm most breeders don't add anything?!

Oh yea, they look happy in the breeder tank btw!

Most reactions

Back