Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

This is from the Biocube, so...

6 1W white Rebel LEDs, at I'd say about 30-40% intensity. Can't have this at 100 percent, I'd fry things
6 1W blue Rebel LEDs, at about 65% intensity. I like things on the purple side with this tank.

I have a spare bank of blues, but my controller is a bit on the fritz. Need the information of the guy who made the light because I'm due for a new controller and I'm supposed to get the upgrade to the second Generation controller.

No, I really don't have much lying around. My tanks are starting to get too clean for mushrooms now. Happens. They did better until the CF lighting in my Biotope, not doing as well under the Halide. They're still ok, but not as strong.

Still have purty flower, though, she's still going strong in the old 8g. :)

Still no clue as to what type of acro the above is. Another LFS had a possible id, but he wasn't too sure. Said it was very pretty though and healthy. When I have time, I'll snap a picture of it now. I'm starting to see branching, so it's growing outwards now. :D My ponape birdsnest really needs to be fragged soon. WAY too big and I don't want it to sting my red hornets.

L

L

6 1W white Rebel LEDs, at I'd say about 30-40% intensity. Can't have this at 100 percent, I'd fry things
6 1W blue Rebel LEDs, at about 65% intensity. I like things on the purple side with this tank.

I have a spare bank of blues, but my controller is a bit on the fritz. Need the information of the guy who made the light because I'm due for a new controller and I'm supposed to get the upgrade to the second Generation controller.

No, I really don't have much lying around. My tanks are starting to get too clean for mushrooms now. Happens. They did better until the CF lighting in my Biotope, not doing as well under the Halide. They're still ok, but not as strong.

Still no clue as to what type of acro the above is. Another LFS had a possible id, but he wasn't too sure. Said it was very pretty though and healthy. When I have time, I'll snap a picture of it now. I'm starting to see branching, so it's growing outwards now. :D My ponape birdsnest really needs to be fragged soon. WAY too big and I don't want it to sting my red hornets.

L

L

I noticed this guys tank today online, it has lots of zoas and within an inch of an entire rock of zoas was a hammer coral the size of my fist. The zoas looked so happy and beautiful too. How are the zoas not freakin dead? wont the hammer fry them?

THIS IS NOT MY TANK! Although I really like it!

Aquariaum.jpg

-Tyler

Those zoas aren't actually that close to the hammer. Now, if a zoa fell onto the hammer, things might be different. Not sure how the sweepers will effect the zoas, but both corals look very healthy from that picture. My acans touch my zoas and they are ok, so far. That's a lovely reef, by the way. The zoas on the bottom right are SICK! :drool: Beautiful mixed reef. Good lighting choice too, as the colors really pop!

L

L
\

Hmmmm looks kinda likea humilis, though the polyps aren't packed as tightly... hmmmm

Perhaps it is that busy fighting with the torch above it that the Zoas are sneaking by unnoticed! :ninja:

Perhaps it is that busy fighting with the torch above it that the Zoas are sneaking by unnoticed! :ninja:

Entirely possible, ainsy. Could also be fighting with the candy cane coral too, I notice a slight color variation on the candy cane polyps that face the hammer and other lps species.

OK Pictures.... It has been a while.. My gramma sure enjoys being in all of them. My happy family is doing very well. Corals growing nicely. Enjoy!

20120712_205455.jpg
20120712_205520.jpg

20120712_205526.jpg
20120712_205553.jpg

20120712_205654.jpg

-Tyler

That is a very lovely set of photos.

Makes me miss a gramma. And the zoas are pretty. :)

Did you do the move yet?

Likely we will do it this weekend as it won't be so busy filled. I will post some FTS shots with the new cabinet etc when I move it =) It is gonna make it several inches higher which I am excited about also. Did you see the birdsnest! Growing like crazy still, and the feather dusters HAHA they are climbing off one another its awesome.

-Tyler

The birdnest looks very good, so good that it almost looks like a stylopora rather than a birdsnest. But I can see the pointed tips through the polyps extension so I know it's birdsnest.

Most reactions

Back