Two Types Of Fry?

fishryummy

Reaction score
hi,
so my molly (had her for less then a week) dropped babies all over the place! fine, that's what they do- but as i was chasing and separating the fry i noticed some were much smaller and had a black dot on their tail fins. could it be that my guppy dropped her fry and i didn't notice? the molly is so skinny now, wouldn't the guppy have changed just as much? also the smaller fry are faster and harder to catch, if that helps. thanks for reading!

What I would do is just keep the fry together and in a couple weeks u will know for sure. But the guppy is still pretty fat looking after birth from my experiance and the molly does look like she worked out. But yeah that's what I would do

thanks, the fry are so different looking, if the guppy always looks fat then i'm sure she dropped litter and i never noticed. i'll have to track her by calender. i had this whole plan where i was going to feed the fry to my betta. but the whole tank got the white spots of doom (don't worry, i'm treating with the blue stuff) and he died. plus- now that i spent an hour chasing the fry around the tank i've got a bit attached to the bitty things. i do not need 20 mollies! what will i do with them?

Haha yeah I loved mollies but I would keep a couple. And go to ur local fish store and see if u can get store credit. I always do the and there cool about it. U should look around. But yeah I had guppies seemed like she was preganant 24/7 lol and now that I remember when I had my guppies they did have a black dot on their tail!

Haha yeah I loved mollies but I would keep a couple. And go to ur local fish store and see if u can get store credit. I always do the and there cool about it. U should look around. But yeah I had guppies seemed like she was preganant 24/7 lol and now that I remember when I had my guppies they did have a black dot on their tail!

i thought about the LFS, but don't they care about inbreeding? i have no clue if my mollies are related to each other or not. it's good to know for sure about the guppy fry! also, wouldn't the the mollies have to be almost fully grown for the fish store to want them? if i keep them that long i'll need a 2ed tank! i guess i could get a new betta, but by the time the ich has been gone long enough for me to feel safe adding a new fish the fry might be to big for him to eat! :shout: or am i worrying too much?

Well maybe im lucky but i would just go and ask. My lfs is cool enough to give me credit when i bring fish in. I think you need to take care of the ich prob first then go from there. How big is your tank btw? but if that gts clear you should be fine :)

my tank is 20 gallons, the ich is (slowly) leaving. yay! i wasn't having any luck with the the quickcure so now i'm treating with salt. i'm also alot calmer now, lol! i'll talk to the LFS next time i'm in.

Most reactions

Back