Tryin to find last betta glofish already discontinued can you help me?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

glofishlover

Reaction score
Hello guys from west texas, Its been very hard to accept betta glofish has gone forever, so i'm doin my best to acquire some of the last specimens, of this beautifull and special fish for me. Could you help me? Maybe you have one and can sell it to me, its been hard to get one those nowadays. Please contact me if you can offer me any gfp globetta or glofish betta - male or females, lets talk thanks a lot! also is needed to be shipped to me at el paso texas.

Hello guys, I'm the glofish lover, still looking around for some of this beautifull discontinued glofish bettas, I think i need some of them to fil a video before they dissapear. could you help me? I am ready to pay for them shipped to me at el paso, tx thanks a lot. contact me.

I don't think that the majority of the members will have them. Glofish in general, is not appealed by the majority. But that doesn't mean that people shouldn't keep them. That's totally up to everyone themselves. I myself wouldn't go for glofish either but that's more because I love wild phenotypes. So, that's just personal.
Have you ever tried to seek for them online? It could be that an online shop may have them. The chance that you will find glofish bettas at an average lfs, is quite small. And probably also more pricey.

Have you ever tried to seek for them online? It could be that an online shop may have them. The chance that you will find glofish bettas at an average lfs, is quite small. And probably also more pricey.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think GloFish bettas are discontinued. I couldn't find them anywhere online or on the GloFish website.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think GloFish bettas are discontinued. I couldn't find them anywhere online or on the GloFish website.
That could be the case. For I'm not sure if they are discontinued. Where I am from, they're not allowed to be sold.

That might be the first discontinued fish. It's not a phrase we generally use for living things, but it's apt for such manufactured ones.

That might be the first discontinued fish. It's not a phrase we generally use for living things, but it's apt for such manufactured ones.
I used BettaFishGirl's words...

curious why they were "discontinued" due to lack of sales ( general interest ), or some health issue with that fish associated with the process???

they are supposed to be sterile, I think??? so they couldn't be bred...

I'm not proud of it ( they are so outside my box ) but I bought some purple & orange tetras for a MN Vikings Football tank... just my general observations, was likely over crowding or poor care as many of the fish were not healthy, don't know if that was from the "maker", a distributor, or the retail seller... but maybe has something to do with it???

Last edited:
I never got to see one in the flesh, but on other videos when I saw them in the fish store they always looked deformed or sick...that could be the stores fault but every one?

GloFish are actually supposed to be hardier because of the jellyfish genes that were introduced to them generations ago. It's interesting to learn about them

They should teach that in school..."The GloFish course"

Hello guys, I'm the glofish lover, still looking around for some of this beautifull discontinued glofish bettas, I think i need some of them to fil a video before they dissapear. could you help me? I am ready to pay for them shipped to me at el paso, tx thanks a lot. contact me.
Do you have any photos of one? I’ve never seen or heard of them before

This is from a supplier I use... of course I have never bought one & they are sold out...

that was the only color they ever listed... kind of ugly IMO
🤢 ew....now why would I want to buy that when I can buy this? 😍
83c65025a53d286f3d4c17b6300c85cf.jpg

Probably why they were 'discontinued'...bettas don't need to glo, they're gorgeous already

I think they may be banned in Wales and England and maybe all the UK.
Practical fishkeeping magazine started a campaign against dyed fish.
Just looked it up it was 1996 "Join the global fight against dyed fish"

Last edited:
I think they may be banned in Wales and England and maybe all the UK.
Practical fishkeeping magazine started a campaign against dyed fish.
Just looked it up it was 1996 "Join the global fight against dyed fish"
Glo fish aren't dyed though. They're genetically modified to look like that.

Most reactions

Back