Toys R Us Playsand Any Good For Marine

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
is toys r us playsandd any good for marine

ahh #40## i was thinking of having fish only with a little ocean rock

ok thanks

How does marine sand buffer the PH of the water? Its not like its being dissolved? I never got that.

As for play sand and ocean rock, I have the exact same set up and its going really well. You can use different kinds of marine algae to add the splashes of colour that you wont get now you don't have corals.

How does marine sand buffer the PH of the water? Its not like its being dissolved? I never got that.

As for play sand and ocean rock, I have the exact same set up and its going really well. You can use different kinds of marine algae to add the splashes of colour that you wont get now you don't have corals.
It does dissolve, but very slowly.

It does dissolve, but very slowly.

Even at such a alkaline PH? Hmmm interesting.

Is it enough to actually effect the PH in a significant way? with things like waterchanges etc

Although thats going off of the topic, maybe I should just google it lol

When filling a marine tank the water is somewhere around ph7 both sand and rock will buffer the ph up to around 8.2, also the salt will raise it too. Can't see play sand being a problem either way

also truck do you know about pond liner and if its ok as a marine sump i dont see why it wouldnt be

awsomee thanks

Most reactions

Back