Today's a new day.

It's Thursday. The tetras are doing okay at the moment. I just don't like rainbow gravel and ornaments because it ruins being underwater. I prefer natural gravel and real plants over these things that appeal to kids.

It's Thursday. The tetras are doing okay at the moment. I just don't like rainbow gravel and ornaments because it ruins being underwater. I prefer natural gravel and real plants over these things that appeal to kids.
In the next tank you set up you can add natural brown gravel, or you can swap the stuff you have now for natural brown gravel :)

In the next tank you set up you can add natural brown gravel, or you can swap the stuff you have now for natural brown gravel :)
The 41L aquarium has natural coloured gravel at the moment. The fake plants are the problem. But I have to wait first.

Got another aquarium the same size as the one I found weeks ago, same brand, but different model (Tropical starter kit), with permission with the science department from my high school. This one also has a plastic trim on the bottom like the Splish & Splash aquariums. It could be used as a back-up tank in case the Splish & Splash aquarium leaks. It's currently on a leak test until tomorrow evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Today's Friday. Had a normal school day today. Have been watching a lot of aquascape videos lately and wanting to display some sloping substrate depth in the 21L aquarium. Since it's a small aquarium, very few plants would do. Leptochilus pteropus grows somewhat large and Anubias barteri, even the nana variant, also grows somewhat large. I could do carpeting plants and very few tall plants, but I also have to accommodate some space for the filter and heater.

Today's Saturday. Cleaned the dirt out of the Splish & Splash 21L aquarium with warm water so I can prepare it for the aquascape tomorrow. Lid also got cleaned as well. Looking for good quality filters and heaters for this sized aquarium.

Today's Saturday. Cleaned the dirt out of the Splish & Splash 21L aquarium with warm water so I can prepare it for the aquascape tomorrow. Lid also got cleaned as well. Looking for good quality filters and heaters for this sized aquarium.
Get an air operated sponge filter, like the blue foam triangles about an inch high. They sit in the corner of the tank and can be covered in gravel. They run off an air pump and do a good job.

Get an air operated sponge filter, like the blue foam triangles about an inch high. They sit in the corner of the tank and can be covered in gravel. They run off an air pump and do a good job.
That could be a good idea, but I'm doing a hang-on-back filter as the lid has a gap for it.

@Colin_T

I will upload a journal in the Betta splendens subforum probably tonight because there is a journal section and that people haven't uploaded them in over a year now, so stay tuned. :)

Check the price on them too because they can vary a lot from store to store.
None in Perth, but the eastern states do have them. So I have to find a filter similar to the one you mentioned. I have found a plant similar to Anubias barteri, but a bit smaller than that, Schismatoglottis prietoi. A Phillippine native, and underrated epiphyte in the aquarium hobby. The nearest LFS has them currently in tissue culture. I'm focusing on plants native to South-east Asia ONLY. To fit the vibe of Asian natives, I have to select plants that are only native to Asia and it will be hard finding the perfect sized plants for a 5.6 gallon aquarium.

I will upload a journal in the Betta splendens subforum probably tonight because there is a journal section
We prefer it if all journals are in the Journal forum, either Freshwater Journals if you main focus is fish or Planted Aquarium Journals if the main focus in the plants/aquascaping.

Most reactions

Back