To Get A Female, Or Not?

thank you very much for ur advice people :D ill read up on breedin and probably change my mind :shout:

You should never put in 1 female Betta with a male. Male Bettas need atleast 3-4 females in a 10g+ tank with plenty of hiding places for the females. MAles are solitary fish so don't worry about him getting lonely, he will be happy alone as he is now.

exactly the kind of CRAP missinformed advice you get in most LFS..geezzz.. they are not guppies... if you dont know what your talking about, dont give out advice...

Relax blue betta, u told me to relax the other day lol when i got stressy over that fella having 2 females in with his male n them spawning

not every1 knows stuff, and granted he shouldnt have given the wrong info, but he didnt know it was wrong matey, so chilllllll lol :lol:

altho i do agree the statement is wrong, only put a female with a male when spawning:)

Hi
blue_betta was right to highlite that post. If the op had signed off after that post and not come back on before getting some females, it could have caused considerable problems for the op.

yes he was, but he also told me off the other day for stressing at some one about the same thing (the fella had 2females in with one male) and i was mearly pointing out that he should chill

again he was right to point it out, but needs to relax, just as i was told the other day

i do know that u cant keep any females with a male.. which is why ive got a spare tank.. i duno about breedin tho :( it seems really hard :blink:

then dont breed them then sweet

it takes alot of time and research n is something i wouldnt rush into

Phoenixbaby, the distinction I see is: You were getting annoyed (and I must say I was annoyed also) by someone who had been misinformed by a LFS and was acting according to their instructions. Whilst I understood your frustration, oit was probably better to inform in a non frustrated way to sort out their current problems, BUT I must say I do agree with everything you said in the other thread.

The difference is here is a member who has a LOT of access to information here is putting forward VERY BAD information to another new member, which is likely to make them make awful mistakes with their bettas, whereas the other poster was not misinforming people :) So i agree with blue betta and bronzecat (i think bronzecat, cannot see the post to check in this window)

i might leave breeding :) ill just be happy cuz fred is ^^ he's been building his nest all night.. about 3/4 of the tank now.. its weird.. but he's having fun i guess :p ill do my research, leave it til i get some more money behind me, then go back to it :) thanks tho :) but again, like i said.. as long as fred is happy, i am :good:

again as previously stated and im not gonna repeat myself after this, i said i agree with what he had said, however i also said he needs to chill bcoz its not gonna help the situation in hand, and possibly may end up causing a row, which isnt what we want

BTW Danni.......Fred is looking great in that pic :good: glad he's a happy boy :D

me too.. that pic isnt great, mums gona bring a digi cam round and try gettin some better pictures soon.. i hope :p i just love the nest :D u think he'll acually stop buildin it? lol

Most of ours build all the time and others like Draco have never built one :lol: He spent along time being scared of his own shadow but is getting much braver now :lol:

bless :p fred loves himself.. i come in after work and he's at the front lookin at me.. its either that he loves m with all his lil heart, or he's hungry?! :shout:
my other half keep sayin i should get him a female.. he wants to look after the fry and juvis :rolleyes: :yahoo:

Most reactions

Back