Thread Finnned Rainbow Fish

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, it's been awhile.
Hey I'm putting my old 20gal to use. I am thinking about putting a few threadfinned rainbow fish in there. Does anyone know the space requirements for these fish? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I already know all the rest I just want to know about them.
Thanks ya'll.

20 gallon would be perfect for them, assuming it is a standard shaped tank..?

Standard 20 gallon would be more like 24"*12"*16".. I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than 24*12*12.

Standard 20 gallon would be more like 24"*12"*16".. I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than 24*12*12.
Yeah, I think i got the 18 from height on the outside of the tank. I just remember it's something like that.

Yes, that tank is fine for threadfins. Remember to feed them food that is small enough. They have tiny mouths and rainbows also have narrow throats. Supplement their diet with freshly hatched brine shrimp.

Yes, that tank is fine for threadfins. Remember to feed them food that is small enough. They have tiny mouths and rainbows also have narrow throats. Supplement their diet with freshly hatched brine shrimp.
I do, I have had them for a long time. I just wanted to know about the tank size cause I have them in a 46gal bowfront right now but I have some fish that once they grow up they will swallow them whole.

For many years at the foot of my bed I had 15 gallon tank that held about a dozen threadfins and a very prolific pair of paleatus corys which always ate their eggs. I loved to wake up to the male threads displaying. It was like having a tank full of aquatic butterflies. These guys are small fish and I would have no qualms about having 20 in a 20 gal. as long as you have some decent plant cover (real or artificial).

For many years at the foot of my bed I had 15 gallon tank that held about a dozen threadfins and a very prolific pair of paleatus corys which always ate their eggs. I loved to wake up to the male threads displaying. It was like having a tank full of aquatic butterflies. These guys are small fish and I would have no qualms about having 20 in a 20 gal. as long as you have some decent plant cover (real or artificial).
That's good to know, thanks for your input.

Most reactions

Back