This Is What Fish I Keep.

awesome. Although it looks like theres a big bass stuck under the tank on the right hand side lol ;)

Is the 4x8x12 a top-up tank or what?

I think some bogwood would work well in the tank, you dont need alot but it certainly has an effect on the tank.

Ben

awesome. Although it looks like theres a big bass stuck under the tank on the right hand side lol ;)

Is the 4x8x12 a top-up tank or what?

I think some bogwood would work well in the tank, you dont need alot but it certainly has an effect on the tank.

Ben

the 4x8x12 tank is part of the system. water is pumped from the sump threw the planted tank then it drains back into the main tank. its my veggie nitrate filter.

im not adding any bogwood to the tank as i find it collects crap aqnd it makes the tank harder to keep clean.

new picture of the tank as ive added to the stand.

Attachments

• Picture_004.jpg
    Picture_004.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 38
the 4x8x12 tank is part of the system. water is pumped from the sump threw the planted tank then it drains back into the main tank. its my veggie nitrate filter.

im not adding any bogwood to the tank as i find it collects crap aqnd it makes the tank harder to keep clean.

Great stuff :) My only concern looking at that last picture is that the tank is too hidden away! A beautiful tank like that and the left hand side is conceled by what appears to be your staircase. I think some home improvements are in order :p

Ben

Looking excellent!

Good idea with the planted filter tank - what made you think of it?
:D

its just one of those things that ive always wanted to do, we all know that plants help clean the water but i carnt keep them in my main tank as they wouldent last 5 mins with the type of fish i keep. the the next thought was a seperate tank.

ive seen lots of people with plants in there sump but you need lots of light and filter bacteria dont like bright light so its there own tank for me.

another idea i have seen is to attach a slim long tank in the back of your main tank, ie have a 6x2x2 and attach a 6x6x12 in the back along the top so you have all the floor space your only looseing 6" width inside the top half of the tank.

Great stuff :) My only concern looking at that last picture is that the tank is too hidden away! A beautiful tank like that and the left hand side is conceled by what appears to be your staircase. I think some home improvements are in order :p

Ben

i wish it dident have to be that way but the room is only another 3ft long and the door way to the kitchen is on the other wall so the tank has to be pushed all the way under the stairs.

small price to pay for the chance to have the tank.

Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! :drool: Well done buddy, lookin' well 10/10! :thumbs:

nice tank,how much does that cost to run a month?....

i have no idea mate. here is a list of the equipment im running on it.

4x 300w heaters
2x 30w tmc uv`s
3x 3000 lph sump pumps
1x 2000 lph sump pump
2x 2500 lph internal filters
1x 1000 lph sand bed filter pump
6x 40w light tubes

and i think thats about it.

Most reactions

Back