This Is Ugly

Bomag

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just seen my friends new catfish it is a helicoptor catfish boy is it ugly just wondered if anyone else had one of these as could not belive how much of a born inside out fish it was .....................

any idea what the scientific name is... what shape is it and colour too?

Aghhhhhh, the dreaded Wallago attu rears its head again!!!! The helicopter catfish is otherwise known as the GIANT MAN EATING CATFISH and as you can imagine with a name like that is known for eating villagers washing in the river in the wild. They can reach lengths of around 8 feet and maybe larger, i believe ste2k has one.

hiya yeah spelling more than likely to be wrong but is a dark brown with a real big mouth fam is siluridae name is something like wallago catfish

Lovely! Just make sure he feeds it from a distance.

sorry to cfc posted mine on at the same time as his did not realise he was doing one yep he says it was gonna get quite big!!!!

Is this the fish you are talking about? :crazy:

wallago.jpg

Snowie said:
Is this the fish you are talking about? :crazy:

wallago.jpg
I think that is Wallago leeri not attu but similar and just as dangerous. :)

Wooo! I wanna build a pool and house a few of both of these fellas in it...Should prove to be quite entertaining and useful next time the neighbor comes round asking fer a cup of damn sugar hehehe :sly: :hey: :shifty:

No thats not a Wallago attu, thats a Silurus glanis, the Wels catfish which is a coldwater European native. This is another catfish in the compettition for the worlds largest freshwater fish, some specimins have been reported as being seen at over 10 feet long!

oh! :look: err..... i just put the name u gave in the google and click in the first link :p, and that appeared and scared the crap out of me :rolleyes:

anyway those 2 are huge specially the one i post the pic :crazy:

Most reactions

Back