Thinking Of Starting A Tank Again!

I'm not sure why the option to edit posts isn't available on mobile version of the forums so I have to make another reply.

I added ammonia and removed those floating things as much as I can. I'll give it another 24hrs and test again.

A good way for me to remove any floating bits from the water surface is either get a very fine mesh net and skim the surface with that or better yet get a piece of plain A4 paper or even kitchen roll paper and float the paper on the surface, let the paper adsorb water from the surface and then remove and dispose paper, repeat as neccessary.

Sounds like your cycle is progressing nicely now :good:

Thanks the paper towel worked to remove the rest. I did another test tonight.
Ammo is 0.25 nitrite 1.0

:good: getting ever closer

Reading test results from pics is tricky to be sure what the exact results are.

What do YOU read from the results?

looks like Nitrite is between 1.0-5.0
ammonia is between 0-0.25

it is hard to read bc of glare/shadow and the round rube.

Wait until nitrite hits zero... or 4 days since your last dose, which ever comes first.  Then add 1 more drop again... and wait some more.   

(Isn't waiting fun?)

What's the pH?

My nitrite is at 0.25 finally dropped lol. Gonna add a drop of Ammonia tomorrow.
Sorry I meant, I'm gonna test tomorrow if it's dropped to 0 then add the ammonia.

Just did a test this morning. Not sure why the Nitrites have yet to go back down to 0. It went up instead. I forgot to add those floating things are back as well.

Ammonia 2.0
Nitrite 0.50
Natrate 0
PH 7.6

Most reactions

Back