Thinking About Bettas

Burny

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
I have a 15ltr planted tank and am considering making it a betta tank with a male and some females. Would this be a gd idea? If so would it be of to keep corydoras with them? And where you be good to get some nice betas from???
Thanks for any help and advice you can give me Burny

FIrst rule of Betta keep is taht you don't mix males with females. With 15 liters you should only put a betta in there, and even still thats a bit small you may want to upgrade to a 5 gallon.

FIrst rule of Betta keep is taht you don't mix males with females. With 15 liters you should only put a betta in there, and even still thats a bit small you may want to upgrade to a 5 gallon.
My bad it's a 64ltr 15gallon tank, should really check before I post

My bad it's a 64ltr 15gallon tank, should really check before I post

Then yes 15 Gallon with a few Corydora should be fine, remember that cories like to be in groups of six

So a male, no females and 6corydoras would be fine?

in a 15 gallon you could probably do 1 betta, 6 pygmy corydoras, and 6 small tetras or rasboras. Either that or you could do a female betta sorority, ang get 6 female bettas.

I second the idea of 1 Male and 6 Corydoras and some small tetras. In my experience all my female only tanks always ended in violence. Not saying it is always the case but it happens.

I second the idea of 1 Male and 6 Corydoras and some small tetras. In my experience all my female only tanks always ended in violence. Not saying it is always the case but it happens.
Plenty of people have successful female betta only tanks. Even in spaces small as 10 gallons.

You've been given some good advice above but heres another idea ;) why don't you divide the tank and have 2-3 males ;) :look:

I have to say a 5gall is minimum with my experience. I had my first betta in a 2 gallon Spec, the poor think was not doing well in there bc of it's size. He's now in a 5gal and he is swimming around and really enjoying his life much better. Soon i will be placing my panda corydoras in there with him and some new gravil.

So, yours should be fine in a 15gal for sure! 1 male or 6 or so females would work great. Also make sure your tank is cycled up before adding so many fish at once. GoodLuck!

Thanks everyone but where in the uk can you get decent betta fish from, my Lfs is that great

Most reactions

Back