Thinking About Adding More Fish?

myfrint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey.

I currently have 10G tank with 2 cardinals, 5 neons, and 1 black neon (I used to have 3 black neons but 2 of them died unfortunately.)

I also had 2 ottos and 3 corys but they were gone when I was back home from college. :/

Oh well, so I'm thinking about adding more fish, even though I only have a little bit of space left to stock fish, I believe.

I looked at German Blue Rams, and I was thinking about adding a pair of them since I heard it's okay to have them with my tetras.

But, would that be too much stocking? or would that be okay?

I've had my tank for more than a year, and I have a power filter, which I believe it's more than enough for 10 G tank.

Also, I'm thinking about adding more plant. Currently I have Anubias Nana, Java Fern, and Hygrophilia (I don't know the specific name). Should I add Java Moss or Riccia for foreground? Any suggestion? :)

Thanks.

I'd say take out the black neon and add a few more cardinals and neons. I'd not go over 15, tops, and only if you take really good care of your water. You might be able to add only a few more of the cardinals or neons and get a few pygmy corydoras instead of an all-tetra tank.

Also, why didn't you take your tank with you to school? I thought tanks under ten gallons were allowed in most dorms...

Thank for quick reply. :D

Well, they didn't have any restriction about having a tank at dorm, but since it was a long trip from NY to MI, I thought it would be harsh for my fish, so I left it at home instead, and my parents took care of them.

So, I guess I should put some more cardinals and maybe some pygmy corys.

Since 10 G tank is my only tank, I guess i'll leave lone black neon in the tank. (he's been alone for awhile, so I think he should be fine. :) )

Hmm.. so I was thinking...

If I will have 5 neons, 5 cardinals and 1 black neon in my 10 gal tank, how many pygmy corys can I put?

Most reactions

Back