They Are Here!

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
With the upgrade from a 30 gallon to a 72 gallon, I ordered two more color morphs of acf

Tomorrow I have a reticulated albino male coming and an x.borealis female coming :hyper:

Can't wait for them to arrive!!!

Currently in the 72 gallon:
1) Marbled male, Phantom
2) Albino female, Kirby
3) Albino female, Phoenix
4) Albino male, Louie
5) Reticulated female, Lola

then I WILL have
6) Reticulated Albino male
7) Borealis female

and in ANOTHER tank I have growing out
8) Albino, gender yet unknown (this little one may be going to my mother's house for my 10 year old sister to have, she will be taking my old 30 gallon :good:)
9) Marbled, gender yet unknown

Just checked UPS tracking information - - THEY ARE OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!! in a few hours I will have my new frogs!!!!

they are here!!!!!!!!!

The dark one is a Xenopus Borealis female - - notice the lovely yellow coloration on her bum with purple-ish spots!!
The light one is a Xenopus Laevis Reticulated Albino Male - he has adorable spotting and coloration! his eyes are gorgeous :wub:

017-3.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

exploring their new tank :hyper:

029.jpg

030.jpg

Those are some awesome ACF's are you planning on breeding any soon?
Also how do you sex them,is it that little bump thingy at their rear ends?

Those are some awesome ACF's are you planning on breeding any soon?
Also how do you sex them,is it that little bump thingy at their rear ends?

lol I already have bred some - if you look in my signature I have a link to the thread on this forum.

to sex them - - males develop black hands and forearms, called nuptial pads or "dirty hands" and females that a cloaca, the "little bump thingy at their rear ends" :good::lol:

Hey Jenste can ya post a full tank shot!!! Would love to see it...

Edit!!!! lol i just found a picture!!! love the setup!!!

lol thanks!!! i love how it is right beside my bed - - I get to stare at it all the time haha!!!

Wow, they're lovely!! But realistically, what is the very minimum sized tank that these would thrive in?

10 gallons for one
20 gallons LONG for 3, and so on.... the bigger the tank (with filtration) then the more frogs you can keep happily and healthily.

with out filtration, needs to be 10 gallons per frog, no exceptions. these frogs are VERY messy and anything else would put too much of a strain on water quality.

x. borealis is a smaller type of clawed frog than the x. laevis you find in pet stores. you COULD put 2 of these (x. borealis specifically) in a filtered 10 gallon if you were diligent with checking the water

here is one of the recent ones - - I added a couple more silk plants towards the back but I don't have a camera charged atm to take pictures....this is it as of a week ago :good:

here is one of the recent ones - - I added a couple more silk plants towards the back but I don't have a camera charged atm to take pictures....this is it as of a week ago :good:

don't know what happened to the above post....but even going into the "edit" screen it won't let me fix it...oh well!

008-6.jpg

015-1.jpg

007-8.jpg

011-4.jpg

Wow - are these their fully grown size?

I almost ended up with an ACF (albino) in error - I had been sold one by my LFS as an African DWARF frog - it was only a week later after doing my own research that I realised it was an ACF (but much smaller than yours - this one was only about 2" fully extended.

Had to return it promptly as I didn't want any huge froggy gulping down my fish for breakfast LOL.

I now have two definite ADFs (had them over 2 yrs).

Your ACFs look full of character and I bet you must spend hours watching them. Not sure I'd be brave enough to pick one up! Do they ever try to jump out of the tank at feed times?

Regards, Athena

Most reactions

Back