The Upgrade Has Landed!

Those frags look really nice.

Haha! Those corals perked up as soon as that angel left, didn't they! :lol:

Thanks all :)

The frags on the substrate were showing PE today, my lights must kick out some serious PAR :good:

I've decided I'm going to invest in a dosing pump and go down the balling route, to see if I can grow some big colonies of SPS :D

Just need to research it all now :no:

Thanks all :)

The frags on the substrate were showing PE today, my lights must kick out some serious PAR :good:

I've decided I'm going to invest in a dosing pump and go down the balling route, to see if I can grow some big colonies of SPS :D

Just need to research it all now :no:

That's what the Borneman's for! Do you have that book?

All those ID's are right :good:

I notice in the pic of them on the sand some of them have most of their polyps facing down...Try to avoid this, as the polyps on the bottom will die, and it will take a long time for the top to regrow all those polyps. Also, once you put them down, don't expect to be able to move them again, as they encrust and then you really can't get them up without chiseling a chunk off the rock.

And as far as dosing, where you looking to dose kalkwasser or two part or what? If dosing kalk, usually you put it into your top off water, and make your top off the desired alk/calcium so your tank gets some every time you top off your tank. With two part usually you get a dosing pump that puts out lets say 1 ml a minute. You need to figure out how much to bring it up to your desired levels. So lets say you need 10 ml of two part mixture a day. You just set your doser to run for 10 minutes a day. Very easy. Or you could get a calcium reactor, which is completely different, and I really can't help you out there. HTH.

Fantastic tank mate! Well done you must be well happy!!

Most reactions

Back