The Upgrade Has Landed!

Just had my PDR at work, and I scored highly so the vortech money is taken care of in the form of a bonus :good: Don't receive it until July/August time though :rolleyes:

I've got a couple of days off now as I am working weekends and bank holidays where I can to pay for the set up :) Went to Wickes to get a pack of flooring to check the colour against the tank, and it's too light :sad: so going to get some form of oak variety now!

Brother has confirmed he is fitting it this weekend, and sump is due tomorrow at some point.

Once filled I'll go out and get the 20kg of LR needed, then I'm going to let things settle for a few weeks before the transfer.

Simon

Got paid today so I've purchased my two 5000lph powerheads, which will sort the flow out until I get the Vortech.

Waiting in as I expect the sump to arrive this afternoon. I managed to sneak a quick visit to my LFS where they had a beautiful cream angel for sale, but alas I don't think I could trust one in an LPS tank :(

We've decided that the floor is going to be rustic oak so all that remains is to buy and fit it! All being well the tank should be wet Sunday/Monday!

Simon

Just as I hit the reply button, I had a knock on the door:

IMAG0164.jpg

36x12x15 :D

No cover glass as I was expecting but at least I can fill the tank! In the pic you can also see the board colour we're going for.

Simon

Looking good :) going to be great following this one!

Thanks very much :)

Ok, progress!!!

Floor got fitted today, after yet another change of mind re: the finish. Ended up using Elm which I think gives a nice contrast to the cabinet. Once the floor was done I cut the sump base mat to size and fitted the sump.

Tomorrow I will finish the plumbing (should be fairly straightforward) and then begin the fill! :good:

Here's some pictures:

DSC07062.jpg

DSC07063.jpg

DSC07064.jpg

Simon

Thanks Seffie :)

The radiator is very rarely used, but during the winter months I'll be using a TC10 and fans to keep on top of things. I had my FW tank in the same space before with no issues, infact it may save on electric costs using the heater! :lol:

I have a day off today, and these arrived first thing this morning:

DSC07079.jpg

So I thought I'd do this!

DSC07075-1.jpg

DSC07073.jpg

DSC07077.jpg

That's 100 litres so far :D

Simon

:lol: that 100lt only looks like a dribble how many litres is the tank.

Someone else with one of those great Ikea stool/steps. They are a godsend in my house, fish keeping and small persons worktop reacher.

Tanks looking good. :good:

love the tank mate will keep eye on this i really ehjoyed your other journal

Tony

Your arms are going to ache - Whoa, look at the size of that tv!

:lol: I had an ingenious method to fill.......more below.

I work at the head office of an electrical retailer so get a nice discount - rude not to take advantage :)

Someone else with one of those great Ikea stool/steps. They are a godsend in my house, fish keeping and small persons worktop reacher.

Tanks looking good. :good:

They are excellent, currently have it holding up the extension lead as the powerhead cables are very short!

Thanks for the comments :good:

love the tank mate will keep eye on this i really ehjoyed your other journal

Tony

Cheers Tony, glad you enjoyed it. Anything I can help with let me know :good:

Ok, so............the tank is now full! :hyper:

I opted to get RO from the LFS as my unit would have taken days to fill it, and hammered the DI in doing so. In the end I had to use four containers and do four trips back and forth - knackered!! I'll be glad to go back to work to have some rest :lol:

Some pics:

About 200 litres in:

DSC07080.jpg

And my cunning method...........use the steps as a platform for the container, siphon it into the sump then pump into the display!

DSC07081.jpg

As I neared the weir I began sorting the plumbing, the standpipes were easy

DSC07087.jpg

Have the lower of the two just over halfway up

DSC07088.jpg

Then I built the sump pipework, solvent welded the tank connectors and first 45 degree connector - siliconed the rest to allow for removal should the tank need to be moved.

DSC07090.jpg

And finally, another piece of good luck! I went to another LFS (I only use them for dry goods) to get some more sand, whilst looking around I spotted a TMC V2 PH controller reduced from £150 to £30 as the box was tatty.

DSC07084.jpg

DSC07091.jpg

I'll use it as a monitor for now and perhaps use it for a calcium reactor should the need arise in the future. All in all a good day.

Simon :)

Most reactions

Back