The Roma 125 Mountain Range!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thats a great looking tank, very, very nice indeed.

Just goes to show, if you are determined, you can do anything with your tank.

Very well done indeed.

Oh, and by the way 
welcomeani.gif

Ok a little update, been doing some finishing touches. 
yes.gif

Some new pics! Added a blue LED light behind the "waterfall" makes it much more a feature, looks well cool, but again difficult to get a decent picture. Couple of palm tree clusters too, which im not sure about at the moment, I like them, just maybe ruins the whole scale of things?

main 2.jpg

As for stocking, so far im thinking

6 x pygmy cory
10/15 x cardinal tetra
And...
No idea

Just the "waterfall" LED on here 
yes.gif

just waterfall 2.jpg

Maybe a honey gourami, but I would say 15 Pygmys as the more the better and 20-25 cardinals aswell

With those numbers of pygmy and cardinal I'm thinking that would be pushing the tanks limit. I was hoping for more of a variety, although I imagine such large groups would look pretty impressive!

silurian said:
With those numbers of pygmy and cardinal I'm thinking that would be pushing the tanks limit. I was hoping for more of a variety, although I imagine such large groups would look pretty impressive!
both types of fish have tiny bio loads and prefer to be in large groups, I have the exact same tank and had plans for 14 bronze corys and 25 cardinals, as long as you have a decent external filter with good media, then you will not be pushing the tanks limit

Love it, and yes agree a good mixture would look good, New to fish keeping, but maybe 5 of one type 5 of another, few virus and maybe a couple of Gourami

Have same tank coming so hence why I've dropped in.

I was thinking 5 Harliquens
5/6 cardinels
3 corys
A small pleco
And a pair of bright gourami.

I would have looked at rams but seems my water is to hard

I was just rummaging around in the forums for something interesting to read, and stumbled on this thread.  silurian, i tip my hat, yours is a beautiful and creative tank.  The stars in the background are a nice touch.  I have to agree with you though on the palm trees - nice, but their scale stresses out the illusion for me.  But it's still absolutely gorgeous.  Yours is one of those tanks that truly inspires me!  Thanks for sharing!

Wow!

The rocks formation is a stunner!

Hats off to you!

That 3D background is insane! I wish I had those skills.

Hi folks,

3 months on thought id give a little update, I've faffed ALOT with the foreground trying to get it right, so far this is my best effort 
smile.png

What do you guys think?

IMG_0011 2.jpg

And a close up of some fish!

IMG_00761.jpg

yeah, it looks great. i love the aggassiz flame reds, i have 1m and 2f in my tank. beautiful fish!
do you have any more recent pics of this set up?

Most reactions

Back