The last thing I needed was more bettas....

I don't think putting bettas in jars is so bad....I mean, they are just babies and have a lot of room....they will be moved if need be. :nod: (most likely, actually) :p

Way too go!
Like someone said before, not many people have the jam (er, mayo) to rescue those little ladies!
Too cool!
There are awesome people are there! :nod:

Crystal said:
Wow, we need more people like you in this world.
Beautiful bettas.
Just doing what I had to do.... :) .....and thank you. 2 of them are not feeling so good at the moment, but are still eating. (bloodworms, not pellets) Seem to have fuzzy fins, so I have them in pimafix, stresscoat and some salt. They should be fine. :nod:

Closer inspection of a couple of them that are spreading their fins, show signs of being crown gals. Although I don't know how easy it is to tell at their age.... -_- So cute though. :wub:

Arashi said:
Oh they are so sweet! :wub: I'm absolutely in love with the little blue and silver one. :wub:

You are a great person to have saved these little babies, Chris. :wub: If we had a FHOTM (Fish Hero of the Month :p ) I would so nominate and vote for you to win. :nod: :thumbs: Congratulations on the new little girls...they deserve to be with someone like you. :wub:
Agreed.

Nice one FM, that was an awesome move. If you don't want them after you nurse them back to health, you should do an "adopt a healthy cull" thing like wuv or somethin..

How does someone go about adopting a healthy cull? That sounds like an awesome idea.

1. Owner puts up for adoption.
2. Someone adopts it and it is shipped to the new owner.

....or so that is my idea of it all. :p

The white girl is gone now too..... :-(

Couldn't save either of the sick girls, but the other 3 are doing wonderfully. :wub:

Went back to Wal-Mart today.....think they would have listened to me. :/

What did I find? Same thing again....bettas in with cichlids....none dead this time though. (yet, but close) I took them all again. -_- Had to buy more jars....sucks, cuz I am broke....but, the funny part is...I went up to the check-out with 14 fish, one UPC code on the bag with a 14 next to it as a quantity....the girl didn't notice the 14 and just checked it through as one....I know it was very bad of me to not say anything to her, but I think it is justified by how many of these fish I saw dead at the bottom of the tank last time I was there......I got 14 female bettas for $2.27. :*) (total) :p

I did raise a big stink last time I was in there....and again today...hopefully they will listen this time. I told them I would be back...they were not pleased. :no:

I suppose I should call head office...... :grr:

I will post them later in bettas and gouramis. :thumbs:

freshmike said:

What did I find? Same thing again....bettas in with cichlids....none dead this time though. (yet, but close) I took them all again. -_- Had to buy more jars....sucks, cuz I am broke....but, the funny part is...I went up to the check-out with 14 fish, one UPC code on the bag with a 14 next to it as a quantity....the girl didn't notice the 14 and just checked it through as one....I know it was very bad of me to not say anything to her, but I think it is justified by how many of these fish I saw dead at the bottom of the tank last time I was there......I got 14 female bettas for $2.27. :*) (total) :p

I did raise a big stink last time I was in there....and again today...hopefully they will listen this time. I told them I would be back...they were not pleased. :no:

What a Steal!

God punished them for being such freakin idiots with their stock. And look who is rewarded. :p

freshmike said:

So now two wrongs make a right? :no:

It doesn't matter how large a corporation Wal-Mart is, or how badly they treated these fish, it does not justify the fact that you gained from the cashier's mistake.

Be a person of integrity, go back and tell them about the error, and offer to pay them the correct amount. You know it's the right thing to do.

Nice bit of work you done there. Great to see wal-mart paid you the 2nd time round to rescue them!!

you should probable tell head office or something overwise you'll end up with all walmarts stock each time you go :eek:

Most reactions

Back