The Gold Sev

how are they in soft water Simonas?

I have quite soft water locally and never had problems in the past. I thought but couldnt say with authority that they were soft water fish? Probably wrong.

just googled it and yes they love soft water

I had a feeling they were soft water fish but I'm not certain. I've been admiring them for a while now - maybe one day I'll bite the bullet and go for it

I managed to find them on seriously fish and they are indeed soft water - pH range 5-7 so perfect for what I have but no good with my harlequins so it will be added to my wishlist for later down the line :)

Wilds are definitely soft water. Domestics no particular preference

Munroco said:
Your prices are high compared with up here in Dundee (Carnoustie to be exact) Akasha.

Are they? The price I quoted for Discus was for some I saw at Maidenhead Aquatics a couple of weeks ago and MA are expensive for everything. I've no idea what my usual small independent lfs charges for them as I've never seen them there but it'd probably be about 40 quid. It's rare to see anything like Discus there.They will order in specific fish though if you ask for them. It's normal to pay either 4.99 or 5.99 for cories round these parts and that's at all the lfs's that I use and I have 3 different stores nearby

I buy fish for 300$ still in the US haha but they are the more rarer fish available here. Discus are pretty expensive her too if youre getting nice ones. 

Its all pretty expensive when it gets down to it, I also spend hundreds of dollars on food -.-

Akasha72 said:

Your prices are high compared with up here in Dundee (Carnoustie to be exact) Akasha.

Are they? The price I quoted for Discus was for some I saw at Maidenhead Aquatics a couple of weeks ago and MA are expensive for everything. I've no idea what my usual small independent lfs charges for them as I've never seen them there but it'd probably be about 40 quid. It's rare to see anything like Discus there.They will order in specific fish though if you ask for them. It's normal to pay either 4.99 or 5.99 for cories round these parts and that's at all the lfs's that I use and I have 3 different stores nearby

Discus in my LFS are usually form about £35 per pair, more expensive for some of the fancier varieties. They have 5 or 6 discus only tanks. There is a Maidenhead aquatics in our local Dobbies garden store. I had one look at the prices and never went back. TBH I'm very lucky as Dundee has 2 of the best stores I've seen. Both have a huge choice of fish. Discovery Aquatics which I use most had 15 types of cory in their latest stock delivery. http://www.discoveryaquatics.co.uk/aquarium-stock.php

blooming heck! That's a well stocked fish store!

Most reactions

Back