The established 55

Lace leaf is actually the name of it... tank currently has 12 breeding emerald green corys, A m/f pair of super red bristlenose, Flying fox, pair of swordtails and a mustard spot pleco. Oh and a betta
Thank you for the ident, have added it to the list of plants I want to get :D The spotty pleco is stunning! I haven't had a pleco yet, my tanks are a bit small for one. But maybe when the 55 I help look after gets overhauled, I'll look for a pair like that. Lovely fish!

Someone else said called it a Madagascar laceleaf. Honestly don’t know if there are different kinds. I’ve only ever seen this type. If u have the right set up, plecos are super fun. Just do your research before choosing a species. They are all quite different and behave differently. Also if u use co2 for your plants I highly recommend staying away from plecos. They need highly oxygenated water and I’ve personally never seen one thrive in a co2 rich tank. I tore my co2 off along time ago lol.

Thanks that stuff was one of my first plants and it just took off. I have to trim often it grows like a weed
I tried it in my tetra tank but was not as lucky, my snails ate it and most ended up floating. I like the look of jungle val and may try again.

I tried it in my tetra tank but was not as lucky, my snails ate it and most ended up floating. I like the look of jungle val and may try again.
I’ve had equal success in my 100 gal I just set up... still setting up... but it has the italia Val. Much smaller type but it’s spreading just as quickly. I think I bought 3 fans a month ago and have maybe 12 in the tank already. If u try again I recommend root tabs directly under the first pieces you put in. Seemed to work for me

I’ve had equal success in my 100 gal I just set up... still setting up... but it has the italia Val. Much smaller type but it’s spreading just as quickly. I think I bought 3 fans a month ago and have maybe 12 in the tank already. If u try again I recommend root tabs directly under the first pieces you put in. Seemed to work for me
Thanks, I will keep that in mind, I also had golden mystery snails that went after my plants. I gave them to my bother in law so the val may do better. The snails now eat plastic since that is the only type of plants he has. :devil:

Most reactions

Back