The established 55

AfflictionX

Reaction score
773BCE06-7B78-41E5-AFEE-C6227963C3C8.jpeg

Ooohh, very nice, I like it! What's the stocking? Also, please tell me the name of the lacey looking plant at the front left, because I need one. Welcome to the forums! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

May I suggest you move the airline tubing to the back, behind the plants? It would look much better.

tag me if you ever need help with bettas or live plants. Hope to see you around the forum! :hi:

Ooohh, very nice, I like it! What's the stocking? Also, please tell me the name of the lacey looking plant at the front left, because I need one. Welcome to the forums! :)
Lace leaf is actually the name of it... tank currently has 12 breeding emerald green corys, A m/f pair of super red bristlenose, Flying fox, pair of swordtails and a mustard spot pleco. Oh and a betta

T
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

May I suggest you move the airline tubing to the back, behind the plants? It would look much better.

tag me if you ever need help with bettas or live plants. Hope to see you around the forum! :hi:
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have removed them for picture but didn’t consider it because I’m so used to it. Although they are visually unpleasant I unfortunately have to have them their because of my ridiculous jungle Val. It creates pockets of stagnant water on the surface without some extra air stones and power heads. I trim the Val often but love it across the surface so I deal with air stones lol

Looks good. I had jungle val in a 55 gal the stuff is a weed.
As for reference sword tail are hard water fish everything else are soft water fish.
Depending on your water parameters somebody is going to be stressed.
Also keeping betta in a community tank is asking for trouble as it will stress out your other fish or be stressed out by the other fish. Id suggest rehoming your betta as well for the sake of the betta and other fish.
Good luck though, beautiful Madagascar lace plant!

I knew about the swords. They were adopted after the rest of the tank was established. As for the betta... lol he hides more than anything in the tank. He lives on the surface everything else lives mid to low. He is a wuss lol. Believe it or not the Mustardspot pleco is the boss of this tank. And probably my fav pleco species I’ve kept.
FB595746-59BD-4780-B993-503BD48DF9F8.jpeg

I knew about the swords. They were adopted after the rest of the tank was established. As for the betta... lol he hides more than anything in the tank. He lives on the surface everything else lives mid to low. He is a wuss lol. Believe it or not the Mustardspot pleco is the boss of this tank. And probably my fav pleco species I’ve kept. View attachment 111262
Cool looking plecos! Even though the other fish are mid to low and betta are mostly top doesnt mean they dont interact. Especially the swordtails whom are also top feeders.
Your betta is most likely always hiding because its stressed out. Bettas belong in tanks by them selves and while you may never see any fighting or chasing doesnt mean the fish isnt stressed.
Good luck!

Yes ... enter this month’s contest.

click HERE to enter

Most reactions

Back