The Dude Has Moved Up In The World

Gadfly

Reaction score
Hey there some of you may have seen my other topic about a Betta that I adopted, I'll keep the news short and sweet. The Dude's 10 gallon home has finished it's cycle and he seems so much more happier. It's freshly planted so not much growth yet but I'm planning on adding some more plants for him and my sails Donnie and Walter. But I'm rambling on to pictures. Thanks to TFF for all the info and The Dude thanks you too.

TheDudesNewHome.jpg

This is his old home, just to show the upgrade.

TheDudesOldHome.jpg

Nice upgrade, but it could really use a rug to tie the room together.

Picking up Dwarf Hairgrass tomorrow..... it'll probably get pee'd on though

that's a much nicer home
how small is the tank in the bottom pic?

I have a tank almost identical so assuming it's the samea s mine it's a 1.5 gallon (it's my betta hospital tank) and I originally had shrimp in there until I upgraded them.

Yea it's a 1.5 gallon, huge upgrade. He's become a lot less agressive towards the snails too, but the thermometer is another story lol. Heading out in a little bit to buy up some new plants maybe change out the gargoyle arch for some bogwood.

You could have the arch and bog wood :).

Well he has to show the thermometer who is boss; otherwise these terrorosing thermometers get out of hand (mine flares at his filter; then it blows him over and he flates and it blows him over ... you get the picture lol).

Just had to post this update. Went to my LFS and found some driftwood and rescaped around it. The picture is a little cloudy but I just got everything in. I was psyched to find some Hemianthus Callitrichoides already attached to a rock. Sorry for posting so many pictures but I'm excited lol.

Rescaped.jpg

That new rescape looks fantastic :good: Good work :)

Thanks for the words of encouragment, the tank got busier today with two new Oto's, 16 ghost shrimp, and 2 nerite snails. I really wanted to pick up these two blue crayfish but I couldn't do that to my betta. The Dude is getting on well with the Oto's he chased them for a bit but he's leaving them alone and letting them do their job. I scaped the tank with the idea of using the wisteria as a sort of fenced off nest area for him. I can say it's done just that. He tolerates the Mystery Snails in there but any of the new shrimp or Oto's that come close he won't bite but rather pushes them away. It was interesting to watch. Also I'm having trouble identifying the plant behind the rock I thought it was a type of amazon sword but haven't found any matches. My LFS didn't have the fish lady on duty when I picked up my plants. It came with some black algae on the leaves and I've scrubbed and pruned all that I could off. Just curious if anyone can identify it for me so I can get a better understanding of the care involved with it.

Most reactions

Back