The Cultural Differences of.......Biscuits

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
Do these regions have distinct dialects then? Silly, but I never considered that.
When I read a post they all have English accents, I get a shock when people post videos with them speaking!

BTW, chocolate Hobnobs for me!
Yes, they do...if you heard me speak, you'd probably think I wear a cowboy hat and boots all of the time, lol

Can you say this outloud without having to read it to do so? A box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer.

If so, give yourself a biscuit.

Last edited:
Do these regions have distinct dialects then? Silly, but I never considered that.
When I read a post they all have English accents, I get a shock when people post videos with them speaking!

BTW, chocolate Hobnobs for me!

Dialects and accents too!

e.g.

North - (Shopping) Cart; South - Buggy

And then there is the great carbonated beverage nomenclature wars

Soda or Pop?

If you are in the deep southern US it is called Coke. As in 'What type of Coke would you like?'

Dialects and accents too!

e.g.

North - (Shopping) Cart; South - Buggy

And then there is the great carbonated beverage nomenclature wars

Soda or Pop?

If you are in the deep southern US it is called Coke. As in 'What type of Coke would you like?'
And if you are going to make me some grits to go with those biscuits, they'd better be the regular type, not that "instant" stuff....

The Irish have a lot to answer for accent wise. US can sound very Irish, and its clear where our Scousers get theirs from too

There is only one biscuit worth eating and that's an Anzac Biscuit. google it for the history. famous down under.
I agree...Anzac Biscuits (also known as golden oat & coconut crumblies) are seriously scrummy :)

At 5am local time as we sailed into Aden, Yemen on April 25, 2010 we were all up on deck, a piper played Last Post and we were served Anzac Biscuits with a tot of rum.

biscuit.jpg

Anything else is unacceptable. Yes I am talking to you Brits

Neither are a scone without jam and clotted cream dolloped on top!

Most reactions

Back