The Behemoth Tank

Greetings Tom,
I just read this thread from beginning to end and was absolutely astonished to see such an impressive tank. "Impressive" seems such an inadequate word for this behemoth. You must get a tremendous amount of satisfaction from your work and your passion for it is evident. Despite the terrible sense of "tank envy" it gives me, I look forward to seeing the completed project.

I was just wondering, how thick is the glass on a tank that big? It is glass, isn't it?
How do you top a tank like this one? What is the limit?

Chris

If im ever rich enough I'll fly you to the u.k to do a tank for me

B)-->QUOTE(James B @ Nov 29 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1391960[/snapback]

[/quote]

If Im ever rich enough I'll give it a bash myself! Planning and setting up is half the fun!

If i am rich i will buy a machine gun.. then see what I get fish wise haha.

you serously should put a shark in there. go marrine and get a great white!!!!!!!

If i am rich i will buy a machine gun.. then see what I get fish wise haha.

And what might you hunt with it?
We sold all of ours in Nevada at 5x the original price after they outlawed them in California.
They are fun for a couple of times and then they sit in the basement locked up........for years.

Not really a hunting gun....

Regards,
Tom Barr

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(James B @ Nov 29 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1391960[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If Im ever rich enough I'll give it a bash myself! Planning and setting up is half the fun!
[/quote]

Careful, if you are familiar with Faust, you might think otherwise.
The owner is very aware of this issue as am I.

I have certain goals and certain levels I think I would rather enjoy more.
Doign Zoo exhibits suits me as well as high end clients.
Why suffer/spend $$$ when you can get paid to do it?

The tank is 1.5" Acrylic
No need for GWS, the Monterey Bay Aquarium down the road has one.
Mark is the guy that had the tank and life supoport stuff done for this tank and he's a curator at the MBA.

If you want to see the house, it's 17,500 sq ft BTW, check out this link:

http://www.esquirehouse360.com/

Regards,
Tom Barr

And that's a small place compared to some other clients.
Most are quiet about their digs.
And I respect that.

Nice place though and nice owner.

Regards,
Tom Barr

A guy by my cousin went hunting with a AK-47, trespassed on some guys property, they asked them to leave and the crazy guy opened fire on the guys and shot them. Definatly not a hunting gun.

A camera and monitoring equipment enable Richard Scneider, the architec of this delicate and dramatic underwater environment, to dial in from wherever he is in the world to watch what's going on in the tank and make adjustments remotely ona computer

Now THAT is F***ing cool. You can look after your fish and watch them without actually being in fron of the tank..... dammit why did I not win the euromillions jackpot last week :grr: :grr:

Well Tom i would hunt paper.. Maybe take it to the range and blow away something like a Tv witha few belts and then be don;t with it for that time and shoot the semis or bolts haha.

Most reactions

Back