The Behemoth Tank

This is money pal $$$

Jesus, I feel such an idiot going on about my 40gal like its the crown juwels (hey I made a joke) :lol:

Tom, simply lost for words... stunning! :thumbs:

Tom's bath water looks a bit mucky :lol:

Hats off to you Tom. Respect 8)

Who decides when you make a visit and how long you will spend doing work? and consequently getting paid?
Are you given free rain on this tank and the guy just says, "yeah do whats needed, put the bill in the post"?

Regards,
Graeme.

Some clients are hands on and want help getting things going so they can take care of it, some are just wanting a pretty scene and no involvement other than perhaps feeding some.

I'll set things up either way, up to the client, not me.
I do get well paid. But I do save folks lots of money over time and achieve what they want.

Regards,

Tom Barr

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I hope the smileys show my amazement.I never new planted tanks of that size could exist.If only my dad could win the lottery :shifty: .Haha :good:

Tom's bath water looks a bit mucky :lol:

Yeah, what's up with that?

Great looking tank. It's really progressed from it's setup. I agree with some about some of the fish choices. I usually prefer one color variety of discus or angelfish (my favorite are the natural-colored), but this is there tank and it is definitely a show-stopper.

I will never complain about my 36g bowfront being a pain to clean anymore. Yeah, pictures of your other tanks would be sweet. Speaking of which, do you still have that tiny little low-tech with the HC on the filter? I really liked that one.

llj :)

It's how dirty planted aquarist get clean:)

Yea, I have other tanks going way back...............

Regards,
Tom Barr

I've often said I could still keep planted tanks if I where blind.
That's how I often end up planting due to the mess in the tank water.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Ugh, well, we are removing all the ADA aqua soil, it just makes way too much mess for the client's taste. Replanting and corys etc make it a mucky tank even if you run 5 micron filters, tons of current, daily 50% water changes etc.

So we will siphon it out and replace with Eco complete.
At least I can step on that and it does not degrade and cloud.

ADA As is fine for smaller tanks, but damn, it does stink for the larger systems.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Interesting to hear you decided that Tom, seems to be the biggest issue with AS -> it clouds the water even if you sneeze.

Do you use EC much? I've found it to be an excellent substrate.

Sam

I've used EC a few times, it's okay, sort of like light weight black Flourite, I do like anything I do not have to clean first :good:
We are going to use 80-100bags and replace the ADA AS with it.

ADA stuff just makes ways too much mess and detritus as it decays. We have cory cats and they cloud it up. On smaller tanks where you can clean much easier and are not as deep, this is not a bad issue.

So I will siphon out the ADA AS outside down the hill, then add the EC little by little over a few days. Hard pill to swallow, but it'll save the layout much more and reduce labor over time.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Most reactions

Back