Tff Lapel Badge/pin

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering and harping back to the days when Aquarist Societies were more previalent than today,
Every society/association had their own lapel badge or pin.
I was thinking how this would transpose to an online community such as ours.
The membership could submit designs and vote on the one they liked best
It could be something abstract or an actual image of a tropical fish (In our society Bradford we adopted the Angelfish as our emblem)
Have a look at what I mean below
<a href="http://www.calypso.org.uk/aquaristsreunited/" target="_blank">http://www.calypso.org.uk/aquaristsreunited/</a>
and scroll through Otley A.S. pages and see quite alot more.
http://www.otleyaquaristsociety.co.uk/club...on%20badges.htm
The mods could have them made and sell them to us underlings for a pawltry sum which might go someway to offset the forum costs.
What do the membership think about a TFF badge.
Regards
BigC
P.S. MODS please dont demote this thread to the suggestion section due to less traffic.

same here mechandise will be a good hit help expand the forum problem being some one will have to pay out there pocket to get it started

cheers dane

I seem to be alone so far, but i think that is just taking it too far. As much as i like to spend my time trawling through this forum, i don't want to advertise it about my person. I just can't imagine having the likes of a TFF tie. Yuuuccckkkk!

Sounds like something my grandad would have done. Maybe 50 years ago, but not now. Sorry.

I like the idea...depending on the price, of course, and ease of someone from the US ordering. I'd probably make mine into something that could attach to the outside of one of my aquariums or the stand though.

yeah i would get caned at work if i had a fish pin, something different i would get though

hehe... you could just roll your right trouser leg up 7 inches and wink 4 times with your right eye to confirm the other trouser hoistering person is indeed of TFF status.

Just kidding.. Each to their own, but not my cup of tea. Just me being grumpy probably.. thats what the missus would say.

Squid

I seem to be alone so far, but i think that is just taking it too far. As much as i like to spend my time trawling through this forum, i don't want to advertise it about my person. I just can't imagine having the likes of a TFF tie. Yuuuccckkkk!

Sounds like something my grandad would have done. Maybe 50 years ago, but not now. Sorry.

hehe... you could just roll your right trouser leg up 7 inches and wink 4 times with your right eye to confirm the other trouser hoistering person is indeed of TFF status.

Just kidding.. Each to their own, but not my cup of tea. Just me being grumpy probably.. thats what the missus would say.

Squid

I agree with the above. Andy says "Bad idea".

I wouldn't wear the badge in public but I think an eblem of tff wuld be a good idea, something to put on my desk.I'd splash out a fiver for something like that :good: The pins badges could be something you could collect and put on show.Maybe even try and hold regular tff meetings (I remember the wolf saying he held some but hardly anyone turned up :rolleyes: ) and wear them then.
???

I like the idea, but why not some kind of magnet instead of a pin. Wearing pins around isn't seen often here, but I definately think a fridge magnet would be cool.

I would like like a little plastic novelty figure of a fish with tff on it to put on my desk, but i wouldnt wear a pin. Most of the scouts are proud to be scouts, but you dont see them wearing their pins around though. Maybe paperweights would be nice.

Thanks for the replies thus far. Maybe not a good idea at all then. At least its generated some interest. On the topic of weither or not you wanted to wear it, was entirely up to the individual. Fridge magnets and other merchandise could have also been considered. The croix of the matter was to generate some funds for the forum given that we all use it. So how was it a bad idea given the context to which it was intended. Surely people would want to contribute given the fact that they are all using the site.
Just an idea Good or Bad
BigC

Most reactions

Back