Testing Skimmer

Im soooo tempted to start a way on who has the final say but I will leave with this:
:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Lol! I was thinking the same!.............but you had to ruin it didn't ya! Lol

We'll save it for a rainy day when were that bored, putting one more than the last person will be the only thing slightly enteraining!................................No! Alright then!

You prob missed my original post about there being a crack in one of the tubes, which I thought I had fixed. Evidentially wen I came to try it there is still a leaky hole and as it going outside my sump I need tit waterproof!
Its very annoying as I think I am going to need to buy another skimmer! Which I can’t really afford to as all my money is spoken for on LR haha!

You prob missed my original post about there being a crack in one of the tubes, which I thought I had fixed. Evidentially wen I came to try it there is still a leaky hole and as it going outside my sump I need tit waterproof!
Its very annoying as I think I am going to need to buy another skimmer! Which I can’t really afford to as all my money is spoken for on LR haha!

Don't chuck it. If it's a crack it can be repaired. There's a compound I use in the trade called CT-1. It pees all over silicone sealant and all the other crap. This stuff can be applied under water, sets in seconds and hardens in hours. Youll end up with a water tight seal that water won't penetrate regardless of what's in it.
You can even pick what colour you want it in. Even pink! Lol

What I would advise tho if you do decide to use it obviously Let it completely harden/cure before you introduce it to the tank for the simple reason why it's curing it is possible it will leach bits of compound while it compressing.

Thank you! Where do I get that from then? Pink sounds awesome haha!
The worst thing about the crack is where it is. The top part is sealed with silicone but it appears at the bottom of the tube where it joins the casing of the skimmer is the problem!
When Im home I will post a link to the other thread with pics! Im not overly worried about having the skimmer soon, I don’t need to add it straight away so no rush on it. I am too worried about chemicals getting in my tank it will sit out for a good week to make sure its dried haha
It would all be ok i it fit in my sump! haha!

Thank you! Where do I get that from then? Pink sounds awesome haha!
The worst thing about the crack is where it is. The top part is sealed with silicone but it appears at the bottom of the tube where it joins the casing of the skimmer is the problem!
When Im home I will post a link to the other thread with pics! Im not overly worried about having the skimmer soon, I don’t need to add it straight away so no rush on it. I am too worried about chemicals getting in my tank it will sit out for a good week to make sure its dried haha
It would all be ok i it fit in my sump! haha!

I'll see if I can find a link.

http://www.lordsofnottinghill.co.uk/brands/ct1.html

Sorry bout the link. I'm using my iPhone so can't post a direct link.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if diy stores stock it but electrical and plumbing wholesalers sell it.

Apple!..........they make great phones. Shame about there crap operating systems.

Microsoft rule! Lol

Im no sheep! I like to be different! :)

Well if i'm a sheep i better get to the vet. I'm one big sheep at 6 foot 2 B-)

Just to add i didnt get one because everyone else has one :lol: i got one because no other phone comes close IMO :)

Oh I wasn't being nasty or anything lol! I just am not as keen on it and there is so much stigma about it that they are taking over as people want one just because 'its the iphone ooooooo!'
I used my mates and just got annoyed with it. And think it is seriously overpriced! Takes the P*** all the good apps are only on iphone though!

Most reactions

Back