Testing Skimmer

weezawoo

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi all :D
I want to test my skimmer is working ok taking water through. Can I run it in some RO water or does it have to be on salt water? I don't want any bits getting in my tank but don't want to break it either!

Thanks!

Hi all :D
I want to test my skimmer is working ok taking water through. Can I run it in some RO water or does it have to be on salt water? I don't want any bits getting in my tank but don't want to break it either!

Thanks!

I tested mine in RO water in a bucket just so I could see it working and so I could adjust the flow rate to get the best out of it.
It also moves any bits of dust and debris and it gives you the chance to give it a good scrub before you introduce it to your tank.

Hope this helps.

Great help thank you! Just running some RO off now!

Actually I have just finished reading your journal! Love how well you have done with your tank looks great!! Can't wait to see the 8g :D

Great help thank you! Just running some RO off now!

Actually I have just finished reading your journal! Love how well you have done with your tank looks great!! Can't wait to see the 8g :D

Cheers! The tank looks different now to the last pic on the journal as I've removed about 8kg of LR and re scaped it.
It looks quite bare now tbh.
The 8G will be up and running on sat but don't think it will be anything special when it's finished tbh. In fact it might look crap! Lol

I can see myself being like you and moving it around all the time. Im awful with my planted tank, kept uprooting everything!
At the moment I am just desperate to get my LR finally!
Hope you upload a new pic soon :good: bet the 8G will look lovely with some nice little corals in there!

I can see myself being like you and moving it around all the time. Im awful with my planted tank, kept uprooting everything!
At the moment I am just desperate to get my LR finally!
Hope you upload a new pic soon :good: bet the 8G will look lovely with some nice little corals in there!

Yeah wait till you get yer LR. You'll be re scaping on a daily basis! Lol

I'll have to pick your brain soon about your sig pic as I want to create a montage and I'm having trouble doing it using paint shop pro and yours is ace! :good:

Thank you! I used coral draw to do it! Took me a while as I wanted it straight edges haha! :D

I bet you just like the pink princess castle tank ;)

Thank you! I used coral draw to do it! Took me a while as I wanted it straight edges haha! :D

Coral draw?.......blimey! Is that program still going about? I used to use that in the 90's on my old 486! Lol

I bet you just like the pink princess castle tank ;)

#29###! Secrets out! Is this gonna damage my hard man reputation! Lol

:D no worries! But I will make a deal, only if I can ask you questions about my tank in the future :D haha!

Most reactions

Back